Homepage Update: Allardyce Explains Klaassen Snub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great explanation that Sam lad. Really clarifies everything.

Playing us like a fiddle, judging by the comments that followed yours, he has shifted any possible blame rather nicley if it goes wrong when he does put him in, and by the looks of the Rooney situation, sooner rather than later!

It's a sad indictment of his 'all about me' -ness. It very simply shows the ego of the man - he's only bothered about what will hurt him personally, not what is best for the club. "I've got to win" and "if we lose I get the stick". The saddest thing of all for me though is that he just doesn't seem to get that it's not all about winning here at EFC - it's as much about the manner of winning (or drawing or losing). Short-termist, egocentric, and too blinkered to even realise it.

It's an OUT NOW from me.

Yes because no one knows his position. He's not physical enough to be a DM, not robust enough to be a CM, and not creative enough to be a number 10. It's why the kids play over him - pace and energy.

At Ajax he ticked over play and had 3/4 attack minded/pacy and creative players around him. Doesn't have that here and doesn't fit our unbalanced and leggy side.

He'd be half decent in a footballing side able to make those clever little one touch passes, where he doesn't have to tackle or get around the pitch. Sadly, that's not us.

He's another in a long line of a diminished Dutch academy.

Also, I don't get the pining over him. He's done little when played, hes probably one of our top earners, refused to leave on loan, probably refused to play in the reserves too.

Where's this love in for Sandro Rameriez who's ripping it up at Sevilla. Oh wait....

It's just that not that long ago he was captain of a side participating in the EL final, so he must have something about him.
Agreed he doesn't have the physical attributes to mix it toe to toe with a lot of players in the PL, but as I mentioned earlier neither did Arteta or Osman and they did ok.

Some players need time to adapt but in order to do that they do need a certain amount of game time. Why can't we give him that now that there isn't much to play for, even if we use him as an impact sub he is getting those vital minutes.
If he's crap then fair enough but I don't think we have seen enough of him to make that judgement yet.

A lot of us, me included, wrote Niasse off earlier in the season but lets be honest I dread to think where we might be now if he hadn't scored the goals he did at the time he did. I'm glad I was wrong about Niasse so lets not write Klaassen off just yet.

It's just that not that long ago he was captain of a side participating in the EL final, so he must have something about him.
Agreed he doesn't have the physical attributes to mix it toe to toe with a lot of players in the PL, but as I mentioned earlier neither did Arteta or Osman and they did ok.

Some players need time to adapt but in order to do that they do need a certain amount of game time. Why can't we give him that now that there isn't much to play for, even if we use him as an impact sub he is getting those vital minutes.
If he's crap then fair enough but I don't think we have seen enough of him to make that judgement yet.

A lot of us, me included, wrote Niasse off earlier in the season but lets be honest I dread to think where we might be now if he hadn't scored the goals he did at the time he did. I'm glad I was wrong about Niasse so lets not write Klaassen off just yet.

And got monstered by Fellaini where he didn't have a touch most of the game. There were better, more effective, players in that side that got them to that final.

Thing with Niasse is that he wasn't given a chance. Klassen has. However, Niasse is still a poor footballer. We didn't have a striker and he was/is direct and pacy enough to cause problems.

Again, Niasse has attributes to use. Klassen does not in this side.

Biggest problem for Davy is he lets the game pass him by. Not an easy thing to fix. Midfielders either have that ability or they don't

The qualities that Fat Sam was reported to have all appear to be myths

(1) defensive guru - no
(2) man manager - no
(3) strong personality - afraid of a bit of stick

Five more games.
What is more noticeable up close but which I noticed at his other clubs particularly West Ham is how belligerent and defensive he constantly is. He is markedly unable to build a rapport with fans by explaining his vision of how he can make a club successful instead he merely attacks other styles of play and dismisses supporters concerns. I don't expect him to go into specifics but it would interesting to learn how he proposes to turn our fortunes round in the long term , broadly speaking.
I always get the impression he is a 'football man' in the sense he likes to be surrounded by old hands and journalists 'in the job' and regards actual supporters as an unfortunate inconvenience that must be suffered.

Regardless of whether Klasssen is good enough or not, his comments just show how short term his thinking really is and why he's not the right man to take Everton forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.