Homepage Update: Allardyce Explains Klaassen Snub

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
GrandOldTeam submitted an update to GrandOldTeam's homepage

Allardyce Explains Klaassen Snub
davy-1024x461.jpg

Sam Allardyce has sought to offer an explanation as to why Davy Klaassen isn't getting a look-in at Everton.

The £23.6m summer signing from Ajax has been frozen out at Everton with just six minutes of playing time in Everton's victory over Brighton last month his only Premier League exposure since he started against Bournemouth in September.

Allardyce: "We're still playing Tom Davies at 19 and bringing Beni Baningime on at 19 years old, and we are without Gylfi Sigurdsson who can play there.

"Davy Klaassen is still an anomaly to me, as to will he or won't he?

"If I had the opportunity to play him I would, but I haven't because I've got to win. So I don't have the luxury of saying 'go on, give it a go lad!' because if we lose it's me that gets the stick.

"So if I haven't got that luxury. If the opportunity comes along for anybody, be it through injury or suspension, hopefully he can show us what he's got."

Schneiderlin (derby not withstanding) has been playing walking football all season but still gets games.

Klaassen struggled just as everyone did at the start of the season. Everyone else was allowed to find their feet (Sigurdsson, Rooney) and he was exiled and has played 6 minutes of league football since.

Allardyce has spent more time than that criticising him in the press since he came in.

Whether you rate him or not the way he's been managed is nothing short of a disgrace.

What's he supposed to do when the manager constantly puts him down to journalists but he doesn't get a chance on the pitch to prove himself?

Geez the gravy slurper is talking garbage again.

Really do feel for Davy at the moment.

We have 41 points. We don't 'need' to win.

In fact we've rarely entered the final 5 games with anything less to play for.
And if the lad was to play in those games and put in stellar performances each game you can imagine Sam saying "well there was no pressure on those fixtures so you cannot make a fair judgment "

Status
Not open for further replies.