New Everton Stadium Discussion

It's not just the size and capacity at the location
It's at the full time whistle when you have that many people trying to leave the same location at the same time
I imagine the they will close the high road down to traffic to allow it easier to get away
But in Everton's case one way is just water, so that pushes everyone in three directions instead of four

I think we should let the guy get on with it, he knows what he is doing.

He has basically said what we all want. Steep sides close to the pitch, the end of the day if it's 55k plus with no restricted views it's a massive improvement on what we have now.

It's also about the team on the bloody pitch

It's not just the size and capacity at the location
It's at the full time whistle when you have that many people trying to leave the same location at the same time
I imagine the they will close the high road down to traffic to allow it easier to get away
But in Everton's case one way is just water, so that pushes everyone in three directions instead of four
We will all be going in one direction after the match. Town:pint2:

I think we should let the guy get on with it, he knows what he is doing.

He has basically said what we all want. Steep sides close to the pitch, the end of the day if it's 55k plus with no restricted views it's a massive improvement on what we have now.

It's also about the team on the bloody pitch

Nah mate building a 60k footy stadium on what is currently water is dead easy and should have been finished last week.

Saying there’s financial constraints is a joke just spend £300billion on it Everton stop doing thingz on the cheap

Well, PED is at a Star Wars convention and Baz is making boob jokes.

NO ONE IS AT THE WHEEL ARGGFFFFGGFHDJEJWKKSKWJDBJ

Oh, we're all awake and back on message now @Connor

Don't forget guys, you watch his shows which keeps his line in business. On his consumers:

Not the first time.

I think it would be nigh on impossible to extend further in the long term once the area is regenerated.

Buildings will be going up on three sides of the stadium; it’s oroving difficult enough now.
Imagine trying to put a further ten k on when there is a residential apartment block in situ next to it ?
Wel it's up to Everton to assert its rights. We are the anchor for the whole development after all.

Look at the tweets than Dan Meis has liked. Only the Everton fans up his arse.

We’ve got some right happy-clappers within our fan base. They need throwing out.
This stadium is going to be done on the cheap, I'm as concerned about design and materials as much as I am at the increasing noise from the club and the likes of Meis that we're looking at barely 50,000+ capacity.

This turn for the worst is being driven by the fear of debt and keeping our primary funder - the local authority - onside with its constituency. It's what happens when you dont have the type of public-private sector mix that we had in the other two principle stadium schemes at KD and DK. In one way it's a relief someone has an eye on escalating debt at this club with a stadium build that could cripple us for decades; however, we really should never have gotten into the BMD scheme if it was known that to make it work capacity would have to be compromised (and probably the design ambitions too). It's certainly looking like that right now.

I think ALL evertonians want what's best for the club. I just doubt that you could find any two evertonians who would agree on just what IS best for the club.
Being boss and winning trophies is what is best for the club mate. How we get there is what is up for discussion.

I’ve been saying for ages that the width of the site looks too short to put a large stadium on a north-south axis.

I am constantly told by other posters that I’m wrong and that the site is big enough, but you can’t ignore the evidence. Just look at the study done for a 60k venue by the engineers in that leaked sketch. There is almost no room for access/egress to the north and south.

That said, if that is the problem, I have no idea why they can’t turn the stadium 90 degrees, as that would allow for a larger capacity.

As it happens, I think 55k-58k is the perfect size.

The tightness of the location isn't a problem when starting from scratch, large walkways can be built passing under the stand itself, you just have to put the conveniences on a different level.

What is true is that it is very much easier to fit on the other axis and therefore you could build a bigger stadium, but as we have no need for that and the desired axis that leaves the main stand overlooking the Mersey and one end pointing to town is big enough to build a 60k stadium on they look to have chosen that route.

If we ever did get really successful then any extensions would be added to the stands along the length of the pitch as the ends would be pretty maxed out to start with. The interior would then look like a typical NFL stadium if that ever did happen but let's face it once this is built we are never going to extend it so it's pointless to worry about it.

Embarassed how Evertonians are trying to lecture Meis

Disagree Finners.

Fans are rightly passionate and should right to voice their opinion without being sneered at;

Keep seeing people sneer/brush off Evertonians as being audacious/cheeky to actually question an 'expert' - what nonsense.

On capacity he's regularly dangled a carrot of 60,000+

DY60ipxX4AAHfqL.jpg

But now, we have Everton with their 99% of fans want a capacity of over 50,000 line followed by Meis downplaying capacity, and about him knowing what size is right for Everton (shouldn't that be dictated to him?!), with him accusing fans of having 'size envy' and pointing to West Ham who inherited a stadium.

The fanbase can't afford to be placid because of the novelty of having someone at the club engage with them on twitter, or because they want access to him for interview.

Urgh...