New Everton Stadium Discussion

We havent sold Half ST for years now you little RS vermin.

And WE have an average capacity of 99%, so please pipe down and go and play with your massive paper clip stand.
Didn't even take him round the back and make him look the other way before pulling the trigger. Brutal.

They have settled matters down, they have said it will 50k+, but people like you assume it means 50k, when its more likely to mean 60k.

Glass half full, not half empty.

Exactly. They were never going to come out and say, 76% voted for between 57k and 58k. As it leaves no wiggle room. Nor will they say x% voted for 60k, as again it leaves very little wiggle room. By saying what they did, it shows a huge % of Evertonians agree on something and over 50k could mean anything over 50k, I just don't see how some have took it to mean 50k bang on.

I lead a double life, following Bristol City and Everton.

Them City/City games were terrific.
I agree. And I had a nosey on their main forum 'one team in Bristol'. Surprised to find how decent they were. They set up a thread about David Silva when he was abroad at the bedside of his premature born son. They were talking about clapping him on 21 minutes (shirt number) or singing ''There's only one David Silva".

I had to join to say how much I appreciated their concern. Gave them advice on where to drink and park for free at ours. Good people.

Our club was so impressed with BCFC, there Was/is talk of loaning them several fringe players for next season.

If this regime limits our potential growth in both the short, mid and long term by building any less than 60k stadium then I will probably fall out of love a little bit with the club.

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity- we should be using this stadium to help determine where we want the club to go not just in the next ten years, but for decades after that.

I couldn’t give a flying one if there are empty seats initially; stadium is crucial to our long term success.

Look at the generations of fans City are currently building.

In ten years time they will be in 65k plus stadium and have the fan base which will grow like Liverpool’s and Utds.

They won’t be limited to the stadium capacity they currently have.

This stadium is proving difficult enough to build as it is; let’s forget the possibility of further build down the line and get it done now.

It should attract investment, opportunities, players , profile , reputation.

All this will help try and get success.

Building a new stadium which will be overtaken in the decades to come in size and thus profile and remains the smallest in the city is a dereliction of duties and a disgusting act; unforgivable in my eyes.

He's worth s reputed 16bn. When ADUG bought us out in September '08, it was reported they had a combined 550bn.

The thing is, our clubs wealth sits a bit uneasy with me. I'm not one to go on an opposition fan forum and start crowing about it.

United fans on the other hand are collectively a different animal to us. Never bothered them when buying Ferdinand for 30ml in '02 when no other English team could afford him. That year we spent 60k on Tyrone Loran who never played a first team game. The rags are similar to RS in that they have a selective memory.

Agree with this wholeheartedly to be fair. It always makes me laugh when they go on about you guys or Chelsea buying the league. What did they buy VVD/Keita etc with, magic beans? Everyone is trying to buy the league, just some teams have more resources than others.

Ironically I think it's taken you to get Pep to truly unleash your potential as a club. Yes he's spent loads of money but no more than others, but his ability as a coach is delivering on it. I think he could build a Fergusan like legacy at your place, but I know he's mentioned about retiring pretty soon, so you will need to twist his arm a bit!

Chelsea are another good example. People say their policy of sacking managers works, but I think they have under achieved given what they spent. Imagine a world were they don't sack Mourinho in 2007, and let him ride out a bad period and truly build a legacy. I think it's hard to see anyone being near them, perhaps only you guys now. The same is true of other top managers they've had and let slip too.

Well, there'd be no residential headaches to contend with for one. A capable designer would find a way to be able to leave options open and maximize space in the short run.

True, the worry for me would be the obvious space restrictions of the dock. Will have to wait and see

Yep. As long as it was seen as a capacity that could be returned to in the event of increased demand it would satisfy.

I think it would be nigh on impossible to extend further in the long term once the area is regenerated.

Buildings will be going up on three sides of the stadium; it’s oroving difficult enough now.
Imagine trying to put a further ten k on when there is a residential apartment block in situ next to it ?