New Everton Stadium Discussion

Sound. Ta.

Same difference really. You didnt have to fund it. Unfortunately we do.

The main reason we are giddy/sceptical about this new ground is complicated by 2 factors.

1. Everton have a history of mucking up previous attempts at moving.

2. The location, to us, is hugely symbolic. It isnt getting even close to over egging the cake to say this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to have a docklands stadium. In Liverpool, that means a lot.

So add 1 and 2 together, and you will start to see why we are giddy/sceptical.

Me, I firmly believe it will happen, for a ton of reasons. Others less so.
What's the general consensus of opinion for and against moving? I would think it's more for staying ?

What's the general consensus of opinion for and against moving? I would think it's more for staying ?

For a dock side ground, I think most would go for that.

Goodison is ace, but the old girl is knackered, and redevelopment is dead tricky, apparently.

The plan is not to bulldoze her and build a Sainsburys, but to make into a community asset;drop in centre for the elderly, and homeless, disabled. Pitches for kids, a library, all sorts. The club have already worked on sprucing up the area.

If/when, we get to the docks, we will be moving, but not leaving home.

Mansour is not worth 30bn.

I doubt theres a figure that exists that would even allow somebody to express the amount of money he has.
He's worth s reputed 16bn. When ADUG bought us out in September '08, it was reported they had a combined 550bn.

The thing is, our clubs wealth sits a bit uneasy with me. I'm not one to go on an opposition fan forum and start crowing about it.

United fans on the other hand are collectively a different animal to us. Never bothered them when buying Ferdinand for 30ml in '02 when no other English team could afford him. That year we spent 60k on Tyrone Loran who never played a first team game. The rags are similar to RS in that they have a selective memory.

He's worth s reputed 16bn. When ADUG bought us out in September '08, it was reported they had a combined 550bn.

The thing is, our clubs wealth sits a bit uneasy with me. I'm not one to go on an opposition fan forum and start crowing about it.

United fans on the other hand are collectively a different animal to us. Never bothered them when buying Ferdinand for 30ml in '02 when no other English team could afford him. That year we spent 60k on Tyrone Loran who never played a first team game. The rags are similar to RS in that they have a selective memory.

Hasnt Pep spent about 50p short if 1/2 Billion on his squad?

Could buy us a half decent ground that ffs.

For a dock side ground, I think most would go for that.

Goodison is ace, but the old girl is knackered, and redevelopment is dead tricky, apparently.

The plan is not to bulldoze her and build a Sainsburys, but to make into a community asset;drop in centre for the elderly, and homeless, disabled. Pitches for kids, a library, all sorts. The club have already worked on sprucing up the area.

If/when, we get to the docks, we will be moving, but not leaving home.
Fair enough. When you say tricky, is it because of surrounding houses that oppose demolition in order to expand the stadium?

Fair enough. When you say tricky, is it because of surrounding houses that oppose demolition in order to expand the stadium?

You must have been here. Its hemmed in on 3 sides, including a school.

Unlike our neighbours, who faced a similar situation, Everton wont let our area rot to plonk a stand up.

That’ll be a difficult balance imo. We wouldn’t want any part of the stadium to look partially completed or feel like something is missing in the hope that one day an extension is added. We also wouldn’t want any potential extension to look like an obvious bolt on like the big stand across the park.

Will be interesting to see how it pans out
Well, there'd be no residential headaches to contend with for one. A capable designer would find a way to be able to leave options open and maximize space in the short run.

Hasnt Pep spent about 50p short if 1/2 Billion on his squad?

Could buy us a half decent ground that ffs.
Not sure but it's an eye watering amount mate. Sad thing is that the game has become all about money. We didn't start it, but I still feel uneasy. I'm eaiwait for the Etihad campus to start bearing fruit, local lads if possible. And 17 yr old Stockport born Phil Foden has a bright future if he keeps progressing. I'm all for our academy over constantly buying ready made players. We will produce more that can become first team real in time, but i think winning the champions League is the main aim right now.

Not sure but it's an eye watering amount mate. Sad thing is that the game has become all about money. We didn't start it, but I still feel uneasy. I'm eaiwait for the Etihad campus to start bearing fruit, local lads if possible. And 17 yr old Stockport born Phil Foden has a bright future if he keeps progressing. I'm all for our academy over constantly buying ready made players. We will produce more that can become first team real in time, but i think winning the champions League is the main aim right now.

It is nuts.

Weirdly, 3 of your hardest games have been against Wigan and Bristol City, twice.

You must have been here. Its hemmed in on 3 sides, including a school.

Unlike our neighbours, who faced a similar situation, Everton wont let our area rot to plonk a stand up.
Yes mate reminiscent of Maine road in back to back terraces and alleyways iirc. Not been for years though.