Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes he has money and has been successful in business, but I’ve yet to see anything yet to show he is a competent chairman of Everton.

We have Steve Walsh and Sam Allardyce in charge, have sold key players, spent big on managers who have failed and spent big on players who have failed. Also the whole Jim White thing was embarrassing.

The tarting up of Goodison was nice though and time will tell on BMD.

I hope he ends up being a very good owner of EFC.
When the new owners took over City it took them a while to get it right and wasted a lot of money into the bargain.
It isn't as easy as it seems to get instant success.

Obviously I have no idea about Usmanov or any other investor.
But, if Everton(Moshiri) wanted to make a statement about the club going forward in an attempt to attract better managers and players it certainly would get attention across Europe if an investor with the wealth of Usmanov came on board.

When the new owners took over City it took them a while to get it right and wasted a lot of money into the bargain.
It isn't as easy as it seems to get instant success.
Not an easy task for sure, he’s trying to do the right things just hope he gets it right.

My original post was more in jest anyhow and saying he is incompetent is a bit harsh and was more out of frustration.

Wouldn’t say he’s competent though, feels like he’s learning on the job.

Not an easy task for sure, he’s trying to do the right things just hope he gets it right.

My original post was more in jest anyhow and saying he is incompetent is a bit harsh and was more out of frustration.

Wouldn’t say he’s competent though, feels like he’s learning on the job.

When Martinez was sacked we were all happy
When Walsh and Koeman were appointed the majority could see the sense in it and welcomed it.
It didn’t work so he sacked Koeman and the majority were happy
He will sack FSA and we will be happy.
He needs to do a root and branch clearout of the club and not give a hoot if the professionals he hires are blues or not

He will bro, he will, it hasnt been perfect, but thankfully his money has allowed this current mess not be terminal for the club, we are on life support tho for sure.
We've been crying out for competence at board room level for decades now. Money is a by-product of competence. Not the other way round.

I also think you can't under estimate ego in this. Everything indicates to me the two don't get along. I think Usmanov feels slighted by some of the assertion's out of Kroenke's camp that his money is less noble because it's Russian money. Wealthy people I've met will allow things like this to become important issues and when you mix in wealthy circles another way of differentiating yourself is the nature and origin of your money.

Giving Kroenke Arsenal would be a come down for Usmanov. However in the end money pays, and another opportunity will likely be tempting. He has softened his stance a lot since 2 years ago.

For Kroenke the ability to get rid of of Agm's and borrow against an Asset he owns will be worth the payment.
While I agree with 99% of your post I can’t see Usmanov selling to Kronke
Too much of a climb down and a smack to his ego.
He will I believe be actively looking for a buyer

Status
Not open for further replies.