Holgate Racially Abused By Firmino - The Guardian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Read it again Tim. Club saying Holgate told the truth.

Why would we accept a verdict which we believe to be unjust?

It's not like it would change their mind if we talked tough but that lot were straight in playing on people's emotions to try and relocate the moral high ground, and we were softly softly, don't want to upset anyone, thanks for at least looking for us, plucky little everton.

I'd like us to unequivocally state we still fully back and believe Holgates version. Otherwise the lad is hung out to dry and no doubt will.

Liverpool forward Roberto Firmino will not face disciplinary action from the Football Association after his clash with Everton's Mason Holgate in the FA Cup tie at Anfield in January.

Holgate had alleged Firmino used a "discriminatory term".

Following an investigation, the FA concluded the evidence was "not sufficient" to charge the Brazilian.

Firmino admitted he insulted Holgate in Portuguese, but denied using discriminatory language.

Why would we accept a verdict which we believe to be unjust?

It's not like it would change their mind if we talked tough but that lot were straight in playing on people's emotions to try and relocate the moral high ground, and we were softly softly, don't want to upset anyone, thanks for at least looking for us, plucky little everton.

I'd like us to unequivocally state we still fully back and believe Holgates version. Otherwise the lad is hung out to dry and no doubt will.

The FA said they believed him. Everton thanked the FA for acknowledging that. Not sure what else can be done.

Is essence, The FA are saying that they believe Firminio made a racist comment, (cos they said Holgate was honest) but they cannot prove it.

The FA said they believed him. Everton thanked the FA for acknowledging that. Not sure what else can be done.

Is essence, The FA are saying that they believe Firminio made a racist comment, (cos they said Holgate was honest) but they cannot prove it.

I'd still like us to be more forthright. We took that insane diving ban for Niasse lying down too. We are pushovers on and off the pitch. Until we have some conviction and a nasty streak in how we conduct ourselves, then we will be trampled over.

Status
Not open for further replies.