Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me that think it's just bad luck.
Williams, bolasie, siggurdson, Keane, Pickford, walcott were all premier league rated players when we bought them. And probably the best available at the time that would realistically sign.
It's just unlucky they haven't clicked

I think poor management, from 2 very similar managers, has had a big part to play.

At Leicester and Burnley, maybe. Given the optimism of the preseason with all we'd spunked out, seventh has to be met with a "meh" shrug of the shoulders.

Or did we have to spend all of that just to maintain 7th? Said this in another thread, but City strengthened their defence and midfield. Utd strengthened all round. Chelsea also bought in defence, midfield and attack to improve their squad and first 11. Arsenal bought a goalscorer and a left back better than anything we have. Spurs spent over 60 million quid on defenders and a back up striker that would walk into our team. And the [Poor language removed] bought the best player in the league.

We spunked a wodge on future potential, number 10s and lost (and didn't replace) the only world class striker we have had in 30 years. On that basis (sadly) 7th is about right.

Most manu fans wanted rid of Alex Ferguson in 1990.... he was four years in...
Who knows, give allardyce a chance... really don’t know what some of our fans are expecting?
Got to be kids...

He’s done nothing to warrant a chance at this club.

You don’t just accept perennial losers. He’s getting judged on his career. 25+ years of dour football, failure and being generally mocked in football circles for being a bit of a Mike Bassett type figure as well as getting humiliatingly sacked from his previous job is not the criteria for our job.

He was a panic appointment but it’s one that I believe was always only a stop gap and one that will be put right in the summer.

We should never just accept someone just cause he’s here, it could ruin us, like he’s ruined every club he’s ever managed when he’s left them in the past.

At Leicester and Burnley, maybe. Given the optimism of the preseason with all we'd spunked out, seventh has to be met with a "meh" shrug of the shoulders.

Exactly this, I expect 7th, Koeman would If got that also but it’s not a success.

It’s the minimum we should expect, along with a challenge to the top 6, a cup run, a clear plan how we’re going to move forward next year and a bit of good footy along the way.

Or did we have to spend all of that just to maintain 7th? Said this in another thread, but City strengthened their defence and midfield. Utd strengthened all round. Chelsea also bought in defence, midfield and attack to improve their squad and first 11. Arsenal bought a goalscorer and a left back better than anything we have. Spurs spent over 60 million quid on defenders and a back up striker that would walk into our team. And the [Poor language removed] bought the best player in the league.

We spunked a wodge on future potential, number 10s and lost (and didn't replace) the only world class striker we have had in 30 years. On that basis (sadly) 7th is about right.

That's basically what I was getting at. And if we do finish seventh, it's because 14 of the 20 teams in the Premier League are absolute cack and we just happen to be the cream of that cack.

He’s done nothing to warrant a chance at this club.
Well we’re
You don’t just accept perennial losers. He’s getting judged on his career. 25+ years of dour football, failure and being generally mocked in football circles for being a bit of a Mike Bassett type figure as well as getting humiliatingly sacked from his previous job is not the criteria for our job.

He was a panic appointment but it’s one that I believe was always only a stop gap and one that will be put right in the summer.

We should never just accept someone just cause he’s here, it could ruin us, like he’s ruined every club he’s ever managed when he’s left them in the past.
Well, where do you start with that.
What had Howard Kendall done? Was he a panic moment?
Just give him chance...
Do I support the same club as most of the people, I know?

Most manu fans wanted rid of Alex Ferguson in 1990.... he was four years in...
Who knows, give allardyce a chance... really don’t know what some of our fans are expecting?
Got to be kids...
Mad how it's mostly the 40+'s on here who don't have a clue about modern football and base their opinion on what they saw in the 80s

Status
Not open for further replies.