Votes: 137 54.8%
  • No

Votes: 86 34.4%
  • Cheese with Worcestershire Sauce on toast

Votes: 27 10.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are indeed dreadful, but so is the rest of the league.

Not really, its City and the whole mega money thing are distorting it.
Look around Europe, the mega money teams like Bayern, PSG are running away with their leagues...you put a big mega money fish in a small pond and even Wolves are running away with the Championship

2nd to 17th are just like they always were...the 3pts for a win hides a multitude of sins

Back when there were 42 games at 2pts for a win, if you got 60pts you were very unlucky not to win it.
United are on target for 60pts (in old money)
They are also so far behind City as to be Irrelevant.

City are on target to get (in old money) 76pts...Seventy'kin Six.

Just sayin like.

I hope so. I'd much like another crack at European football under a manager who plays positive football.

We'll see in 2 matches, after we've played Burnley. That's a 6 pointer.

Burnley have won once in their last 10 matches, Leicester have won twice in their last 11 matches.

Leicester could be without Mahrez for another 2-4 matches (or more) and it's not like they've been playing well with him.

Meanwhile we have Watford, Burnley, Brighton, Stoke, Man City, Liverpool, Swansea, Newcastle, Huddersfield, Southampton, West Ham.

That's one 6 pointer against Burnley, two against the Top 6 & eight winnable matches.

I really I don't want to see us without European football next season. I hope to see Sandro/Klaassen/Lookman/Vlasic/Holgate/DCL/Kenny a lot more involved than they have been, getting to play in Cups, Europa League & 'easy' Premier League matches.

How I hope we lineup for the rest of the season & how our Cup/Europa League XI could look like.

UKCXDPzsRSiNp4PQbyiuwA.png
fZ76k6foSKKBq4oeeCrKQA.png

For next season:

New LB: Martin Olsson, Van Aanholt, Ryan Bertrand.
New ST: Bas Dost, Benteke, some other target man.
New CM/DM: N'Zonzi, some other CM/DM talented with the ball.
New LW: Zaha, Mertens, some other goal scoring left winger.

If those signings are made, say Bertrand, Dost, N'Zonzi & Zaha. Then Tosun/Bolasie/Rooney/Baines should be relegated to our 2nd strongest XI (Cup/EL XI is 3rd strongest)

LMuSeGsjSWedNwcHLZrHQQ.png

We have incredible depth to our squad, and we're only 4 signings away from having 3 PL caliber XI's. We're going to sell or loan out a lot of players if we don't get 7th.

Not really, its City and the whole mega money thing are distorting it.
Look around Europe, the mega money teams like Bayern, PSG are running away with their leagues...you put a big mega money fish in a small pond and even Wolves are running away with the Championship

2nd to 17th are just like they always were...the 3pts for a win hides a multitude of sins

Back when there were 42 games at 2pts for a win, if you got 60pts you were very unlucky not to win it.
United are on target for 60pts (in old money)
They are also so far behind City as to be Irrelevant.

City are on target to get (in old money) 76pts...Seventy'kin Six.

Just sayin like.
I'm not looking at City at all. They're the outliers. The rest of the league is shocking. Burnley were considered the best of the rest all season, now we and Leicester have just about caught them up, with Bournemouth and West Ham not far behind. Watford were massively praised early on and are now edging close to the drop zone. Every single team outside the top 1+5 has been poor. You could even include Arsenal in that. The standard of quality in the league this season, excluding City, has been really low.

I'm not looking at City at all. They're the outliers. The rest of the league is shocking. Burnley were considered the best of the rest all season, now we and Leicester have just about caught them up, with Bournemouth and West Ham not far behind. Watford were massively praised early on and are now edging close to the drop zone. Every single team outside the top 1+5 has been poor. You could even include Arsenal in that. The standard of quality in the league this season, excluding City, has been really low.
All opinions innit.
Mega money, like a black hole, distorts the very fabric of time and space...I mean football, but it does.

Look at the pre prem (mega money) tables on the whole the top team weren't that far clear nor the bottom that far behind

Well if we do finish 7th, then that would indicate that we have stood still at the very least.The reality though is that after spending 140 million pounds in the summer, we have fallen even further behind the elite sides.

I always think Everton = best of the rest. When Moyes turned this club to the 7th place trophy team.

We'll see in 2 matches, after we've played Burnley. That's a 6 pointer.

Burnley have won once in their last 10 matches, Leicester have won twice in their last 11 matches.

Leicester could be without Mahrez for another 2-4 matches (or more) and it's not like they've been playing well with him.

Meanwhile we have Watford, Burnley, Brighton, Stoke, Man City, Liverpool, Swansea, Newcastle, Huddersfield, Southampton, West Ham.

That's one 6 pointer against Burnley, two against the Top 6 & eight winnable matches.

I really I don't want to see us without European football next season. I hope to see Sandro/Klaassen/Lookman/Vlasic/Holgate/DCL/Kenny a lot more involved than they have been, getting to play in Cups, Europa League & 'easy' Premier League matches.

How I hope we lineup for the rest of the season & how our Cup/Europa League XI could look like.

UKCXDPzsRSiNp4PQbyiuwA.png
fZ76k6foSKKBq4oeeCrKQA.png

For next season:

New LB: Martin Olsson, Van Aanholt, Ryan Bertrand.
New ST: Bas Dost, Benteke, some other target man.
New CM/DM: N'Zonzi, some other CM/DM talented with the ball.
New LW: Zaha, Mertens, some other goal scoring left winger.

If those signings are made, say Bertrand, Dost, N'Zonzi & Zaha. Then Tosun/Bolasie/Rooney/Baines should be relegated to our 2nd strongest XI (Cup/EL XI is 3rd strongest)

LMuSeGsjSWedNwcHLZrHQQ.png

We have incredible depth to our squad, and we're only 4 signings away from having 3 PL caliber XI's. We're going to sell or loan out a lot of players if we don't get 7th.

If you don’t want to win anything that’s a great way to go.

It’ll be money that makes us finish three. We maybe rubbish, but we can blitz any team outside the Top 6 for strength in depth and quality of players.

Outside of getting a europa league place, does anyone actually care? Honestly if we finish 7th it feels like some people here are going to do a big jig and say “see it wasn’t such a bad season after all”. If you remove all context out of the situation and state that we’ll finish 7th you could get away with it. On and off the field we’ve been an absolute embarrassment and disgrace for massive parts of the campaign. Our transfers are masterminded by the “it’d be funny if it wasn’t so painful” worst DOF who isn’t even a DOF. We have Sam Allardyce as manager. Genuinely take a minute and think about what that means. Every summer signing bar the goalkeeper and to an extent Rooney has been poor. This season has been a massive letdown and disappointment.

Cards on the table I’m glad we won yesterday. You support the club first and foremost. But honestly if 7th meant that Allardyce got to stay, I’d take anytning up from 15th-10th just so that didn’t happen. There’s plenty of reasons to want him gone but I’ll just leave a small one here. Whilst we were getting spanked yet again by Arsenal, one of our most promising youth players was scoring a winner in the bundesliga for a top 4 club there. A youngster who under this manager wasn’t getting a proper look in, even though every time he got a few minutes he impressed. If you couldn’t find time for Lookman in this shambles of a situation then what exactly are you doing? The silver lining is hopefully he develops his game under an actually good manager in a team which plays good football and comes back to us ready to shine. Under a new manager of course.

Hopefully the planning for summer is well underway. Without both Walsh and Allardyce being key figures in it, but given our owner’s increasingly demonstrated lack of sound judgement I won’t hold my breath.

So yeah.. in short. Sam can take that 7th place trophy, shine it up real nice. Then he can turn it sideways and shove it straight up his candy ass.

I'd be very satisfied to finish 7th considering the season we've had. I realize the gap between 6th and 7th is massive but I think if we can properly clear out a lot of dead wood in the summer. Move on Steve Walsh and bring in a new DOF with a clear cut strategy and can revolutionize our squad and finally have a positive new chapter begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.