January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep.

But it was the same under Koeman and Unsworth.

The management has in general been abysmal and the one time we had a settled side we headed into Christmas and had to change it.

One of the major flaws since then is that Sam didn't immediately switch back to that winning formula once the busy period ended.
This. Messing with the team AGAIN has caused issues.

The consequence we're now seeing is that the players have, once again, lost belief in the system. As soon as he changed the back four from Kenny-Holgate-Williams-Martina we started to concede goals again, yet instead of holding his hands up and reinstating it for the next game he continued to rotate anyway.

Allardyce claims that football is 'simple' yet he's made it look anything but recently.

Williams, Holgate & rooney at one point or another were all ill.

The big factor for me was taking Davies out, and moving Gana away from the defensive midfield roll and putting Schneiderlin in there
Yeah agree with that. I assume Schneiderlin is great in training and managers and coaches just hope he takes that onto the pitch. If it clicks then we are a changed team. Sadly it isn't.

This. Messing with the team AGAIN has caused issues.

The consequence we're now seeing is that the players have, once again, lost belief in the system. As soon as he changed the back four from Kenny-Holgate-Williams-Martina we started to concede goals again, yet instead of holding his hands up and reinstating it for the next game he continued to rotate anyway.

Allardyce claims that football is 'simple' yet he's made it look anything but recently.

Well, we actually defended brilliantly against Chelsea with a changed line-up, and again we did well defensively vs WBA away (crap going forward).

Since then though, we just haven't had a settled side and like you said, the players have fallen to bits (which in fairness to Sam, shouldn't happen).

It's where his 'more boring' comment makes sense. In the post-match presser on Saturday, he actually clarified that it meant in training. He meant that he has to go back to what he did at the start which is him and his coaches literally walking through in training exactly where the players need to be.

Sam's flaw has been arrogance and overconfidence that he'd sorted it so quickly. We all knew that these players weren't good enough to change so drastically so quickly, and now we've been proved right.

Yep.

The management has in general been abysmal and the one time we had a settled side we headed into Christmas and had to change it.

One of the major flaws since then is that Sam didn't immediately switch back to that winning formula once the busy period ended.

This has been one of the things which has grinded on me to be honest, why he changed the lineup - yeah some players where tired but to change the entire backline 4 times running (and still going) and the rest of the team is mental...

Vlasic back in the team at the weekend, how?! I know he has performed well earlier in the season, but its just massively confusing.

Its like the managers we have had have got no brain and someone else at the club is telling them what to do, because every everton fan can see some of the selections and line-ups have been utterly mental.

This has been one of the things which has grinded on me to be honest, why he changed the lineup - yeah some players where tired but to change the entire backline 4 times running (and still going) and the rest of the team is mental...

Vlasic back in the team at the weekend, how?! I know he has performed well earlier in the season, but its just massively confusing.

Its like the managers we have had have got no brain and someone else at the club is telling them what to do, because every everton fan can see some of the selections and line-ups have been utterly mental.
I think we have a random number generator picking the team tbh. Another Everton first!

Yep.

I believe its all been amateur. You should expect someone with that experience to make those mistakes. He still hasn't fixed them. I'd understand if it was due to injuries. I would have liked him to put Sigurdsson or Klaassen in rooneys position when he had that bug and keep the same formation.

The only reason I can think for the rotating is that he's setting us up go to into the last 10 games of the season as fresh as possible. If he opts to go for a more settled side for the last stretch the hope would be that we'll pick up some sort of form again and cruise to the end of the season.. but who honestly knows.

After watching Swansea tonight Mawson is exactly the sort of CB we should be going for:

Young
Physically strong
Quick
Good header of the ball

Moyes is supposedly interested and lets face it he's got a fantastic eye for a defender (Coleman, Jagielka, Baines, Stones, Distin)

Coleman Keane Mawson Bryan

Alot of pace, energy and youth in that back 4 and the pair would only cost about £30-35 million combined Which isnt alot in the current market.

Mate .... I don't want us to have spent nearly 100m on players from a team that have been fighting relagation for the last three years. That's insane

Status
Not open for further replies.