2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

They really, really aren't.

And the one thing you can't question is his attitude.

Works and runs harder than anyone else in our team. Consistently.

He was poor yesterday - as they all were - but he tried to make things happen. He was always looking to be involved and that's more than you can say for most of our team.

We missed him defending because they just constantly attacked Martina's side, as Sigurdsson wasn't there to track back.

There's much bigger issues than Gylfi, who offers some genuine quality in the final third.

Spot on

For me, hes our best player alongside Pickford.

Has immense quality on the ball; set piece delivery is superb as is his technique. Works harder than anyone in the team.

If you actually watch him off the ball you can see why he struggled yesterday.

Inevitably the ball from full back would go to Morgan/McCarthy who would then pass it back to the full back. They in turn would lump it forward or pass it back to Morgan/James. They would inevitably give the ball away or back to full back.

By then Siggy has gone from one position to another, to another. He has then had his full back to cover. Who cant pass it to him as he continually turns inside and by then the space Siggy is great at occupying is covered by the opposing team.

We need to build the team around him in my eyes.

Has immense quality on the ball; set piece delivery is superb as is his technique. Works harder than anyone in the team.

Inevitably the ball from full back would go to Morgan/McCarthy who would then pass it back to the full back. They in turn would lump it forward or pass it back to Morgan/James. They would inevitably give the ball away or back to full back.

By then Siggy has gone from one position to another, to another. He has then had his full back to cover. Who cant pass it to him as he continually turns inside and by then the space Siggy is great at occupying is covered by the opposing team.

He's badly crap mate.

"Immense quality on the ball" tells me you aren't watching him. He's atrocious on the ball and looks like Bambi on ice.

He isn't useless - I've been the biggest whinger about this signing - but he isn't what we needed, doesn't suit our team and isn't good enough to build a team around.

Personally I'd play him in centre mid (where he plays for Iceland), and where his energy might be more productive rather than as the "spark of genius" up front.

I agree he works his socks off mate, and I do think he is trying too hard. His problem is he’s surrounded by mediocrity, but saying that, he’s still nowhere near the price we paid for him.

For that price, I think a player should be one who can dominate and dictate the game.

He isn't useless - I've been the biggest whinger about this signing - but he isn't what we needed, doesn't suit our team and isn't good enough to build a team around.

Personally I'd play him in centre mid (where he plays for Iceland), and where his energy might be more productive rather than as the "spark of genius" up front.

Nah, he is fairly useless and I'm not beating around the bush any longer.

The entire team has to be built around getting a song out of him to get a tune but even then it isn't anything spectacular that justifies building a team around him.

He needs center midfielders behind him that can pick out a pass because he doesn't have the quality in him to do that. He can score goals from open play but he doesn't set them up.

So much has to be done by everyone else to make him look effective that it just isn't worth having him be shoehorned in the team for me. He just doesn't offer enough to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.