Homepage Update: Blues in relegation scrap says Allardyce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Complete joke.

He has then failed as manager here if we are back in a relegation battle.

Especially with money to spend.

Nobody is getting 'tailed off' like previous seasons so does this mean 40 points is enough or is it much lower (maybe any stats lovers would know)?

It's not really stats. 18th place has 22 points after 24 games, so (22/24) * 38 means they're on pace for 35 points.

Can't believe some of our fans thinking we won't go down as if saying it makes it true. When Swansea beat the rs tonight there will only be 8 points covering 11 teams.

We're very unlikely to go down. That's a fact. Obviously it could happen, but it's very unlikely.

And anyone saying there are 'x' number of teams worse than us then they are only watching motd.

I've been saying that for a while, and I'm in the US so I don't even get motd. For the teams below us to pass us, they would to have take points from other teams. Since they're probably not going to take a lot of points from the top 6, they'll have to take them from each other. This is why they cannot all pass us, and why there is a huge difference between 7 points clear in 15th position and 7 points clear in 9th position.

We are awful and this bloke has no idea how to fix things.

We've been awful through three managers now. Why do people think that there's a manager out there under whom we would not be awful?

It's a stupid thing to say, regardless of it's accuracy

It was only ever going to garner the sort of responses displayed here in this thread

He's hardly a smoother operator

EDIT: The more I think about it, he's an idiot for saying this. He had to know it would get this reaction, and if he didn't then he's drowning in his own arrogance

Last edited:

I wouldn't even give him till the end of the season after these latest negative defeatist comments. He is paving the way for his bread and butter and making Everton Football Club a laughing stock. Would be completely unacceptable to any other club in the league. They could give this man a 'billion' pound to spend and he would still be the same. Relegation struggles and cack football is all he knows how to do and he has made a lifetime career out of it and left seriously damaged clubs in his wake. Cannot go quick enough for me. Would rather have anyone in charge than this no mark. Cannot see where the next win is coming from no matter who we play.

I don't see what the issue is with what Big Sam said. He was asked a question and gave a brutally honest answer. Better that than being told how 'phenomenal' we where, despite being thrashed four nil by spurs, or being given the old "but yes, this is football" line.

The one thing that disappoints me is that he said we are short on pace; but we have Vlasic and Lookman who are only being used here and there.

Get rid and get Silva in.

And to all those bleating about "but but but it'd make us a laughing stock to get rid of another manager" = we're laughed at now. We're on our knees in the gutter.

Of course, that grinning clueless divvy Moshiri wont have the gumption to move for Silva now. Bad timing as per usual with him.

Worthy of its own thread IMO.

Ridiculous comments from an Everton manager who has just spent near £50m on 2 players to join a load of other top internationals.

Not only that.....he speaks as if he is merely an interested onlooker rather than a man being paid a fortune to make sure the team’s “confidence” does not drop and that it is not “nervous” about playing a bottom three team at home.

It's a stupid thing to say, regardless of it's accuracy

It was only ever going to garner the sort of responses displayed here in this thread

He's hardly a smoother operator

EDIT: The more I think about it, he's an idiot for saying this. He had to know it would get this reaction, and if he didn't then he's drowning in his own arrogance

We laughed at Moyes declaring Sunderland being in a relegation fight when he took that job at the start of last season.

Not only does it heap extra pressure on confidence challenged players and fans, it can very easily become a self fulfilling prophecy.

Could see this coming a mile off, surprised it's taken so long. I'll vault myself from the day before he took over.

All those people who thought Moyes played on being 'plucky' and Koeman didn't 'get' us, my god this man is going to blow your minds. He talks about every single game as if winning it is a virtual impossibility just so he can get more praise when he pulls off an unlikely win. At his unveiling he'll highlight how bad we are and how we shouldn't expect an instant turn around because this will be a long hard struggle to the end, and if we finish 17th he'll want a medal and a £2m bonus, all for keeping up a team that's 4 points off the top half. Unbelievable levels of stupidity.

Can't quote the other but also said:

Palace weren’t even in the relegation zone! Sunderland had played 8 games! Neither of them were seen as anything remotely resembling Certs to go down, that’s just what fat sam wants you to believe. You think it was a coincidence that he was gobbing off about how bad we are the other week? It’s just part of the narrative, makes him look like a miracle worker when he averages 1.2 points a game with a team that was averaging 1 point a game, after he’s added £300k a week to the wage bill.

Get rid and get Silva in.

And to all those bleating about "but but but it'd make us a laughing stock to get rid of another manager" = we're laughed at now. We're on our knees in the gutter.

Of course, that grinning clueless divvy Moshiri wont have the gumption to move for Silva now. Bad timing as per usual with him.

I would hate the thoughts of bringing Silva in given his disastrous record in his short time in England.

But hiring him now would be well in keeping with Moshiri’s suspect judgement re managers since he came here :(

But.....imagine he did hire him.

The Watford away game would be a joy to behold....:dance:

Heads would be exploding in the stands all around Vicarage Road :pint2:

Tom Ferguson submitted an update to GrandOldTeam's homepage

Blues in relegation scrap says Allardyce
samall-1024x461.jpg

Sam Allardyce has admitted Everton are in a battle to keep their Premier League status.

After taking 12 points in his first six games as Everton boss things were looking up for Big Sam’s side, but after a torrid run resulting in the Blues picking up one point in their last four outings it is looking bleak.

When asked if the Toffees could be dragged back into the relegation fight Allardyce replied: “Yes, very.

“Especially after performing like that and last week's second-half performance.

“I've seen a huge drain in the confidence in the players in the space of one-and-a-half football matches because we didn't do too bad in the first-half against Tottenham.

“The quality of the Tottenham side I can kind of accept but West Brom are in the bottom three and if anybody should've been suffering from nerves it should've been them more than us.”

It is clear to see why Allardyce is looking over his shoulder with just six points separating Everton in ninth from the bottom three.
That's really going to help player confidence!

Status
Not open for further replies.