General Meeting 09.01.2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
..absolutely. As I just pointed out on the stadium thread, it’s perfectly understandable for people to be negative. We get lots of words but there’s nothing tangible. All we have is varying degrees of hope.

Indeed

Posters having a go at people for being understandably sceptical merely play into the boards hands as well

They want us to just accept everything they say at face value and want us to forget their past track record

They have done nothing, I repeat NOTHING, to deserve ANY benefit of the doubt right now

They need to be held to the harshest of scrutiny. They've broken far too many promises over the years

They had their chance to be given the benefit of the doubt and they squandered it many times over

Indeed

Posters having a go at people for being understandably sceptical merely play into the boards hands as well

They want us to just accept everything they say at face value and want us to forget their past track record

They have done nothing, I repeat NOTHING, to deserve ANY benefit of the doubt right now

They need to be held to the harshest of scrutiny. They've broken far too many promises over the years

They had their chance to be given the benefit of the doubt and they squandered it many times over

Wise word, Mikey.

How do people know the voodoo story isnt genuine? For all we know his mum very well might have told Rom this and he said this during a discussion.

I actually dont mind Mosh, apart from his "unexpected loss" comment he's done alot more than Bill Kenwright ever has or can do and more than half the leagues owners.
Ofcourse it's true, Moshiri lastnight lifted the lid on the stunts these players try on to have the clubs off, Barkley saying he'll only sign if Stones is allowed to leave?

Lukaku and his agent had strung us along for months, 99.9% done we were told, then when he was supposed to sign the only way to get out of it was to claim a witchdoctor told his mam he must sign for Chelsea.

It was all true, but somehow the Moshiri bashers have turned it on him, he was the most honest a board member has ever been at this club, giving fans insight into player power and the stunts they pull.

The council aren't just handing us money.

They source funding at low rates.

We pay it back with interest and fees.

People need to wise up with the nonsense about destroying the lives of the vulnerable. Unless we go bust (not likely in current climate of the PL), then the council should have extra cash to help those in need.

Now I'm not happy clapping here or saying the deal is great amd will definitely happen. I'm very sceptical myself. But if it does proceed then these will be the grounds it takes place on.

Let's see proper delivery from our board for the first time in recent memory. Lets remain sceptical until we see actual tangible results rather than buzzwords amd cheap laughs for the sake of them. But let's not have political hysteria either.

What a 24 hours it's been!. In the course of the Earth completing a 360 degree axial rotation and, courtesy of EFC's AGM, we have all been privileged to an exponential expansion of our 'there are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy' contemplations.
It's been a mini zombie apocalypse here on GOT. One thing for sure; I ain't swimming in any waters that have them pufferfish anywhere nearby.

Ofcourse it's true, Moshiri lastnight lifted the lid on the stunts these players try on to have the clubs off, Barkley saying he'll only sign if Stones is allowed to leave?

Lukaku and his agent had strung us along for months, 99.9% done we were told, then when he was supposed to sign the only way to get out of it was to claim a witchdoctor told his mam he must sign for Chelsea.

It was all true, but somehow the Moshiri bashers have turned it on him, he was the most honest a board member has ever been at this club, giving fans insight into player power and the stunts they pull.

He's not on the Board, Quint. As a seasoned Moshiri 'watcher', you should know this.

Everyone is speaking confidently about the stadium with Elstone trying to dampen expectations because the costs are escalating and he has no idea how to fund them

He's not on the Board, Quint. As a seasoned Moshiri 'watcher', you should know this.
Stop calling me quint, it's getting freaky.

Board/majority shareholder, what are you splitting hairs for?

It's the most honest anybody in his position has been with the fans, ever, I only wish we'd all known when those players were here so we could let them know what we thought about it.

We definitely don't paint ourselves in good light to potential signings lol

If you leave, our Mayor reports you to the police, your mum's pilgrimage is exposed and we give Sky Sports resident Jimbo White a bell to dish the dirt on you

Everyone is speaking confidently about the stadium with Elstone trying to dampen expectations because the costs are escalating and he has no idea how to fund them
I don't think the council would be making public their support and the details of that support if the funding our end wasn't there. Anderson may be a blue but he's a politician first and this wouldn't be happening if it wasn't great for the City and his legacy. Like he said if it was the RS asking for this and it provided the same opportunities to accelerate the Liverpool waters project and create jobs etc. then they would have backed them too.... and didn't LCC provide support for that lot to build that massive hole puncher stand they’re so proud of?
The impression i get is this is far further down the line than we are making out but we are being cautious. This may be the first time we have actually learned from our previous mistakes and we are just taking it one step at a time and holding back the big reveal until the right moment. I was disappointed we didn't at least see some concept designs but I don't think we'll have to wait that long especially if the target is 2022/23.

Status
Not open for further replies.