General Meeting 09.01.2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took it to mean his signing the contract was dependent on whether the club kept Stones. Why would he sign if we let his friend leave? Stones left and Barkley didn't sign.

I think it was mentioned like my mate John wants to leave, if you allow him to go I will stay, this all probably come through this elusive agent they share, if what Moshiri is saying about these players and the crap they spout then I'm all for exposing the snakey rat snakes

So moshiri simply isn’t what we thought? Can someone else buy us please aka city style it’s the only way can ever compete ever again.

Need a new stadium for that. Which hopefully we will have in 2022/2023 and then we may see more interest from wealthier men than Moshiri. Who knows, he may even persuade Usmanov.

Sheikh Mansour wouldn't have gone near City without them having that new Stadium.

Think the fans need to be patient for a few years until we move to the new Stadium and hope we close the gap on the pitch between us and the 6 currently bigger clubs, and establish our dominance over the other 13.

People are just setting themselves up for disappointment if they think we can just instantly start challenging.

Need a new stadium for that. Which hopefully we will have in 2022/2023 and then we may see more interest from wealthier men than Moshiri. Who knows, he may even persuade Usmanov.

Sheikh Mansour wouldn't have gone near City without them having that new Stadium.

Think the fans need to be patient for a few years until we move to the new Stadium and hope we close the gap on the pitch between us and the 6 currently bigger clubs, and establish our dominance over the other 13.

People are just setting themselves up for disappointment if they think we can just instantly start challenging.
You're right. City didn't transform into the team they are now over night. Even with the money they needed a couple of seasons and managers to get it right. They made massive name signings that were poor, wasted millions on players like Jo before they started to really nail it. We aren't and can't do what City did. FFP prevents anyone from doing that now but what we can and should be doing now is every time we change something at the club now from players to commercial deals we should be replacing with better. Keep doing that, move into the new stadium and it will gradually build.

Some thoughts:

A dose of realism never hurt anyone.

Stadium will be when it will be, these things never run smoothly - at least we are saying the right things and realistic in required budget. We have done the necessary preparation in that we have a site secured, subject to planning, we have an iconic architect lined up, we have the backing of the local council and we have a man driving this project who is not unfamiliar with business mega-deals. Certainly sounds better than anything that preceded it.

Of course fans want everything today and regardless of cost or practical realities. Honestly it is just more chaff in the overall picture - fans will get what they are given, such is football life.

All the voodoo stuff sets a background of how hard it was to discuss and be sensible with Lukaku. If anyone is relying on his Mum in Africa and the say-so of a witch-doctor, it does not suggest a most rational of discussions. As regards fee, we are all able to look back post-Neymar and say it is not enough. At the time, granted we could have waited, this was a huge fee - rising to 90 million with add-ons. Post Neymar it looks like a good deal for Urinated, but at the time it was a damn good offer. And Barkley was a complete rat over his transfer and it needed saying.

The board indicated that they thought they had a deal for a striker (we think Giroud) but at the last moment it did not happen. Yes, it should have been done earlier and the set-up was to blame for that, I think they are never publicly going to apologise for it, this is as close as anyone will get. Very seldom do you get a large company apologising in a General Shareholder meeting.

Nice to hear that we will not have money concerns whilst our current major shareholder is involved - its easy to forget that we have been on the brink a few times over the last 20 years or so. Once upon a time being a millionaire was enough to run a club, now being a billionaire is the minimum standard and if you want to emulate Citeh, you need to be a freaking country.

Some thoughts:

A dose of realism never hurt anyone.

Stadium will be when it will be, these things never run smoothly - at least we are saying the right things and realistic in required budget. We have done the necessary preparation in that we have a site secured, subject to planning, we have an iconic architect lined up, we have the backing of the local council and we have a man driving this project who is not unfamiliar with business mega-deals. Certainly sounds better than anything that preceded it.

Of course fans want everything today and regardless of cost or practical realities. Honestly it is just more chaff in the overall picture - fans will get what they are given, such is football life.

All the voodoo stuff sets a background of how hard it was to discuss and be sensible with Lukaku. If anyone is relying on his Mum in Africa and the say-so of a witch-doctor, it does not suggest a most rational of discussions. As regards fee, we are all able to look back post-Neymar and say it is not enough. At the time, granted we could have waited, this was a huge fee - rising to 90 million with add-ons. Post Neymar it looks like a good deal for Urinated, but at the time it was a damn good offer. And Barkley was a complete rat over his transfer and it needed saying.

The board indicated that they thought they had a deal for a striker (we think Giroud) but at the last moment it did not happen. Yes, it should have been done earlier and the set-up was to blame for that, I think they are never publicly going to apologise for it, this is as close as anyone will get. Very seldom do you get a large company apologising in a General Shareholder meeting.

Nice to hear that we will not have money concerns whilst our current major shareholder is involved - its easy to forget that we have been on the brink a few times over the last 20 years or so. Once upon a time being a millionaire was enough to run a club, now being a billionaire is the minimum standard and if you want to emulate Citeh, you need to be a freaking country.

No mate. Haven't you been paying attention? The stadium has NO CHANCE of happening. As in NO CHANCE. Not a chance!

P.s Moshiri is a racist.

Lukaku's mum apparently went to see a voodoo practitioner, told him to join chelsea before he joined manyoo o_O

The mayor and Lcc are going to pay for our new stadium by taking funds away from homeless people o_O

Dan meis repeated some stuff

Efc offices are going to be in liver building

A few people said there is a long term plan in place

Bill said farhad is a true blue

lol
ha ha

I don't seen any issue with people being sceptical about what they're told by the club

How often have we been promised things that haven't been delivered?

How many false dawns have we had to endure?

Right now, the club needs to show and not tell for me to believe them

Sorry, but my trust only goes so far and they frankly don't deserve any more of it, especially as people like Kenwright and Elstone are still there influencing things

How's the saying go? "Fool you once, shame on me, fool you twice, shame on you"

what was said?

Moshiri added: “I got close to Rom, I like the boy, he's a good boy, and I used all my charm to keep him and I flatly failed.

"Ultimately we lost money. To buy Rom now would be £120m. The issue was his brain had gone. He was in LA [with Paul Pogba] and he wouldn't come back.

"It happens. Alex Ferguson got another year out of [Cristiano] Ronaldo but then he was off. [Luis] Suarez had to bite a few players to get off."

Moshiri added: “I got close to Rom, I like the boy, he's a good boy, and I used all my charm to keep him and I flatly failed.

"Ultimately we lost money. To buy Rom now would be £120m. The issue was his brain had gone. He was in LA [with Paul Pogba] and he wouldn't come back.

"It happens. Alex Ferguson got another year out of [Cristiano] Ronaldo but then he was off. [Luis] Suarez had to bite a few players to get off."
brilliant, cheers mate. hard to troll through everything that was said

I don't seen any issue with people being sceptical about what they're told by the club

How often have we been promised things that haven't been delivered?

How many false dawns have we had to endure?

Right now, the club needs to show and not tell for me to believe them

Sorry, but my trust only goes so far and they frankly don't deserve any more of it, especially as people like Kenwright and Elstone are still there influencing things

How's the saying go? "Fool you once, shame on me, fool you twice, shame on you"

..absolutely. As I just pointed out on the stadium thread, it’s perfectly understandable for people to be negative. We get lots of words but there’s nothing tangible. All we have is varying degrees of hope.

..absolutely. As I just pointed out on the stadium thread, it’s perfectly understandable for people to be negative. We get lots of words but there’s nothing tangible. All we have is varying degrees of hope.

I don't even have that. It was a trainwreck. Again.

As Dan said last night, the club may as well scrap these meetings if that's the standard they're setting with them. More harm done than good.

Status
Not open for further replies.