Ross Barkley - Thanks, and goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only that wasn't the case was it. The boos were aimed at the manager. It was clear the players were trying but were operating under bad organisation and bad tactics. At the half time interval the senior players reportedly told the manager to do one and came out in the second half playing their own game plan. As a result we should have won the match.

The players were absolutely not trying in the first half.

Imagine being told to do one by a bunch of players who had won next to nowt their entire career?

Lol at everyone hating him and calling him a rat but wanting him to thank them at the same time.

Football fans lol
Dont generalise please..."everyone hating him". I dont hate Ross Barkley. Additionally I havent "called him a rat" either. Im one of many on here who simply cant be arsed commenting on him/the circus round him. The only feeling this whole saga has generated in me is indifference. If someone wants to leave Everton that much then....well. Even Henry Winter of The Times referred to Evertonians and their great support of Ross Barkley ...and his song.. in his article last Saturday. Ross unusually didnt mention the club or anyone connected with it at his Chelsea launch press gig...the usual reference point. (The newspaper pieces on him reflected this. ) Im indifferent again though see. Because I didnt expect him too.

Dent agree in booing individuals at all, but if your team is playing awful, with a perceived lack of effort, then surely them fans, who have paid their money, reserve the right to boo that team. Sometimes it's best not to reply....

You got me there. Can’t argue with stupidity like that...

Dont generalise please..."everyone hating him". I dont hate Ross Barkley. Additionally I havent "called him a rat" either. Im one of many on here who simply cant be arsed commenting on him/the circus round him. The only feeling this whole saga has generated in me is indifference. If someone wants to leave Everton that much then....well. Even Henry Winter of The Times referred to Evertonians and their great support of Ross Barkley ...and his song.. in his article last Saturday. Ross unusually didnt mention the club or anyone connected with it at his Chelsea launch press gig...the usual reference point. (The newspaper pieces on him reflected this. ) Im indifferent again though see. Because I didnt expect him too.
So indifferent you wasted a fat paragraph, bizarre. Time we all moved on.

I am lucky enough to have seen dozens of players whose boots Ross is not fit to lace. Many of those left well before they should have or in circumstances that broke my heart.
The modern player of which Barkley is a classic example does not deserve the adulation I gave to Ball and co or the respect I gave to Southall and co because he has no means of appreciating what the club has done for him or how the vast majority of fans sang about him and willed him to fulfill his talent at Everton. Has not even got the basic grace to say thanks to everyone at Everton but I can't resist the chance to try at a club with Champions League football which I am desperate to play.
The blatant self interest in engineering a cheaper move for his new club...classy, you must be so proud of yourself mate. Cracking player on his day and I truly enjoyed watching him play. May well have more good days with better players around him. Do not give a damn about him now. File under Jeffers, Gosling, McMahon, Collins, Lescott, Stones, Lukaku and a fair few others. Some prosper elsewhere, most do not. A so called boyhood blue....when it suited him to get fans on his side.....don't let the door hit you on the way out lad.

I’m gutted he’s gone, but can’t blame the lad. It’s his job & he has a duty to himself to be the best he can be & end his career with medals. He wasn’t going to do that here.

He literally carried us for 2 seasons, but suffered due to the lack of quality & movement around him. Clear for anyone to see, except the morons screaming abuse at him.

This won’t reflect well on us when he’s showing what he can do & the tv pundits & press are queuing up to say how he had to leave Everton....
That is one way of looking at it

My view on Ross as the player came from Martinez here. I got the impression all those times Martinez sent him out to be Ross Barkley he never really kicked in from there. He still played like the 19 year old that broke through, never developed his game much and became such a selfish player by the end if his time here. Any player who beats his man in the box to cross it and then decides to turn around because they want a shot instead is never going to achieve their potential.

I reckon in the capital in a team now where he needs to develop and kick on and fast, he may struggle. Chelsea may find that the bargain midfielder they have signed might need a lot of work doing before he is ready to be playing at the top and when they can drop money to sign ready made, he may struggle as a result.

He has all the talent in th world and if he commits to learning the game in that role effectively then he could be a top player, but I don't think Ross still thinks beyond what he failed to learn here and once the expectancy kicks in on him, he might not be able to swim down south

Isn't it nice to see the worker screw the management for once? When Koeman & Moshiri went to the press to ridicule & slate Ross,
that is Tory Party dirty tricks. Ross, whether well advised or ill advised chose not to reply, and he was right. It was us, it was us that
should have took to the street and demonstrated against our board. Merseyside people were always noted for fighting the 'little mans'
corner but not these days. Even the RS should have backed us in this one, for Christs sake we've done our bit for them over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.