General Meeting 09.01.2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well speak for yourself. My expectations are realistic, compared to what we have to work with.

What did you expect?

Well what we have to work with is the question that needs to be asked!

- Who exactly is responsible for us starting the season without a striker & only one (ageing) Left Back?

- Given the above, what exactly was our “Director of Football” doing all season? Why didn’t we have these players signed up before 1st Jan?

- Who exactly does our transfer negotiations, because it’s quite clear they’re unfit for purpose.

We are 9th, despite a really bad start. It's neither bird nor fish. Im enjoying the leave of Barkley and Miralles. Big Sam is doing good things, and the team is playing football again, plus we could have won against Liverpool, if the ref was not a covard.

Things are alright

On what basis? Their keeper didn't have a save to make all game. We worked hard, it wasn't enough.

Perhaps for once, more of our fans should look at ourselves and what we did wrong rather than put the cup exit soley on the referee.

Well what we have to work with is the question that needs to be asked!

- Who exactly is responsible for us starting the season without a striker & only one (ageing) Left Back?

- Given the above, what exactly was our “Director of Football” doing all season? Why didn’t we have these players signed up before 1st Jan?

- Who exactly does our transfer negotiations, because it’s quite clear they’re unfit for purpose.

None of the above will unfortunately get a mention.

I thought it would be good to have a dedicated thread to discuss this. Not expecting anything from it myself really but the levels of optimism and enthusiasm at the club and amongst the fanbase have taken a right battering since the last meeting.

All in all, it has been quite a dreadful year for the club. There is a lot to reflect on.

Aside from the obvious stage management that will occur, what specific points would you like to see discussed and addressed?

-I would love to see Steve Walsh come forth and give his assessment on the state of the squad and of the business done in the January and Summer 2017 windows.

-I would also like to hear Elstone, or anybody really, try to explain the car-crash communications strategy at the club, and why Jim White is used as Moshiris mouthpiece.

-Nor am I happy with SportPesa as main sponsor, we could surely have done better there. Not only are they a 3rd rate, shadowy operator, they see fit to poke fun at us on social media. Has/will this be addressed?
I want to hear what the real plan is and what goals will be achieved over the next 12 months. When a boyhood blue runs down his contract the time for more BS is over.

Anyone else confused by the fact that we have taken out a 60 million pound overdraft, and a recent 15 million pound loan, despite us being told that Moshiri has also loaned us 150 million pound? And this follows over 150 million pound in player sales, the biggest TV deal in history, and a 15 million pound a year sponsorship of Finch Farm?

I guess it must have all gone on the revolutionary progress that we are all witnessing on the pitch.

I want to hear what the real plan is and what goals will be achieved over the next 12 months. When a boyhood blue runs down his contract the time for more BS is over.

we honestly cant remember what we had for breakfast this morning, let alone plan out a whole years worth of events!

Anyone else confused by the fact that we have taken out a 60 million pound overdraft, and a recent 15 million pound loan, despite us being told that Moshiri has also loaned us 150 million pound? And this follows over 150 million pound in player sales, the biggest TV deal in history, and a 15 million pound a year sponsorship of Finch Farm?

I guess it must have all gone on the revolutionary progress that we are all witnessing on the pitch.

a lot of it in compensation to useless managers and big new shiny contracts for repalcements

I think we all are but we have a board that seemingly equate buying shares with investing in the club so I suspect he has done what accontants do, count the same money in different columns to make it seem more.

Status
Not open for further replies.