Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though I think it's simply born of a desire to feel secure this misconception I fear will cost us a decade at least if he's allowed to hang around.

..as I say, I really don’t know whether he can progress from here but I think folk are against him because he’s Sam Allardyce. He’s not getting the credit for what he’s done. We are dire to watch but we were dire and getting thumped.

..as I say, I really don’t know whether he can progress from here but I think folk are against him because he’s Sam Allardyce. He’s not getting the credit for what he’s done. We are dire to watch but we were dire and getting thumped.
We shall see. If he stays past this year I'll be quite sad as I don't know if the expectations given him are actually in line with the squad we have.

We shall see. If he stays past this year I'll be quite sad as I don't know if the expectations given him are actually in line with the squad we have.

..we shall see, Matey. I wasn’t particularly in favour of him coming here but I recognise the job he’s done with this group of players. If he sees out his contract its an indication we’ve improved. If things go relatively well, I wouldn’t be surprised if he actually gets a contract extension. I expect Moshiri has been stung by how difficult it was to get a new manager after Koeman and might not be in a hurry to go through that again, especially if the ground build is progressing.

Last edited:
..we shall see, Matey. I wasn’t particularly in favour of him coming here but I recognise the job he’s done with this group of players. If he sees out his contract its an indication we’ve improved. If things go relatively well, I wouldn’t be surprised if he actually gets a contract extension. I expect Moshiri has been stung by how difficult it was to get a new manager after Koeman and might not be in a hurry to go through that again, especially if the ground build is progressing.
We should be open minded about this. Who knows what he is capable of? We all make assumptions about players and managers. Just watch and as ever expect us to win!

Look at his record, he makes teams harder to beat byt incapable of winning anything, that is what he is doing and will do for us. We had more alternatives than this one trick pony with no scruples.
Such as mate - bearing in mind hurtling towards the bottom 3 and without doubt villa mark2.

..I think he’s done terrific. I also like his interviews. What I don’t know is whether he can make the transition from this group of players to a squad that offer threat and goals. That’s the real challenge facing him.

I wouldn’t take his ‘clean sheet’ quote literally, as you say there are games where we’ve scored 2 or more. I think it’s more about the strategy with this group of players at his disposal. We were getting thumped regularly before he came. We were getting thumped by poor teams, it didn’t get much worst than Southampton away. He made us more secure defensively but in doing so the team are simply not good enough in possession. We don’t look like scoring, hence the realistic claim that we need to keep clean sheets.

Folk have a stereotypical view of him but I think he’s done as well as anybody could with this group of players. He deserves nothing but praise for that. Where he takes us from here is the real challenge but I don’t think he should be criticised for what he’s done to this point.

Think that might be the most sensible thing I’ve read.

Anywhere.

Ever.

...surely no place for that on GOT... :red:

We had a crap,unbalanced squad when he came in, we played dire football and lost most games. We now have a crap unbalanced squad, we play dire football and win as many as we lose. He is doing the job he was hired to do. For me I hope he keeps us up and that we appoint a new manager in May who can give us a team in the Everton tradition, but, much as I don’t want Sam anywhere near our club, we were heading for the championship when he came in. The next few months will be excruciating to watch but I believe we will still be in the top division next season.

We had a crap,unbalanced squad when he came in, we played dire football and lost most games. We now have a crap unbalanced squad, we play dire football and win as many as we lose. He is doing the job he was hired to do. For me I hope he keeps us up and that we appoint a new manager in May who can give us a team in the Everton tradition, but, much as I don’t want Sam anywhere near our club, we were heading for the championship when he came in. The next few months will be excruciating to watch but I believe we will still be in the top division next season.

He still needs binning summer

Can’t see it mate loads of fans (yes me to) won’t wanna just see us stay up every season under him.

Speaking to a West Ham fan today, he said he made them hard to beat and hit teams on the break trying to get a lucky goal.

He also said Sam commented on every game on how they could have done better but nothing ever changed, it was same old every week.

I can’t see him changing with us, I have said on another post, this is as good as it gets, changing personal will not change his mindset on tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.