Away8
Corners
Home2
Away7
Fouls
Home8
Away

Embarrassing

Everton 0 Chelsea 6 would have been more embarrassing. Just get it in your head that we are now difficult to beat and the next step is to have better outlets. At this moment in time I would take those stats all day long if we get at least a point against the bigger teams.

We were never going to go toe to toe with them in our current state. To stick to our strengths and be realistic, and claim a hard fought point against the champions, and all their attacking talent, is nothing but a good result.

If we have another transfer window or two and we still play like that against teams like Chelsea I'll be moaning as well. But given our current personnel and the fact that we were in a relegation fight mere weeks ago, I really can't complain with us getting a point against Chelsea the way we did.

We got a point. We restricted Chelsea to lucky half-chances.

We're unbeaten.

We kept it tight.

We lacked a bit of quality going forward but Sam tried to change it with the introduction of Sandro - unfortunately the lad was hopeless and offered nothing really.

Keane keeps that header on target and we win it.

I would have definitely taken a clean sheet draw before the game so happy here. Awful game to watch, terrible passing, practically zero creativity but solid defending. Niasse should be brought on before Sandro any day of the week. Offered nothing at all. If we can get 4 points out of the next 3 games, we will be the same points/games as we were at the same point last year which is really good considering how poor we have been. January transfer window cannot come fast enough for me. :)

Solid defensive performance. Big Sam is getting a tune out of Jags, Williams and Keane who were dreadful earlier in the season.

We're struggling going forward that's plain as day - although I think (like against the rs) the gameplan was to get the brick wall set up and see what happens. I'd have taken a point before kickoff - particularly as Rooney was out. Not pretty to watch, but it's a point against Chelski and I'll take that all day long.

let's be honest, it's exactly the same as how mourinho sets up in big games too, except he has three £70m front men (where ever he's been) leading the line to score on the counter not a sole teenage signing from sheffield united.

Koeman set up even more defensively against them last year and lost 5 bloody 0. I'd like to actually have a manager like martinez who would have a go at these teams, but hey, for some reason, every manager that comes here seems to want to just defend for their lives. It is very odd, but at least i expected it under same. Only conceding 1 against chelsea and the RS who are both stockpiled with millions worth of attacking players and not losing either whilst beating all the rest is very very fine by me.

I'm really pleased with a point, it reminds me of the dog of war days under Joe Royle. It would be nice though to have a striker which at least knows a little bit how to play up top, because the 2 on show today didn't have a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.