2017/18 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol

Williams can’t be faulted the last few games but I’m looking forward to seeing Keane alongside the rapidly improving Holgate.
funny how Williams has improved ten fold when being directed to defend isn't it.

hopefully keane will improve too without having the stress of having to play as if he's cruyff

funny how Williams has improved ten fold when being directed to defend isn't it.

hopefully keane will improve too without having the stress of having to play as if he's cruyff
Yeah, strange that he has improved now he solely has to focus on protecting his keeper. Not rocket science.

I don’t see Sam expecting anything but the same of Keane but it’s up to him to take the opportunity that will surely come over Christmas.

I think Williams has looked better, but let's be honest, others are helping him out. He's still made plenty of mistakes and isn't doing THAT well. Part of it is the competition we have faced.

Keane has a world of talent still and it's a shame he got hurt as I think that had a big impact on his performance. It will be very interesting to see if Keane and Holgate can personality-wise work together. The talent is there and Holgate has been a revelation the last couple weeks. But Keane has the length and pace to be one of better CBs in the league.

I think Williams has looked better, but let's be honest, others are helping him out. He's still made plenty of mistakes and isn't doing THAT well. Part of it is the competition we have faced.

Keane has a world of talent still and it's a shame he got hurt as I think that had a big impact on his performance. It will be very interesting to see if Keane and Holgate can personality-wise work together. The talent is there and Holgate has been a revelation the last couple weeks. But Keane has the length and pace to be one of better CBs in the league.

Its now a case of us 'needing' Keane and he himself must know he has to improve.

If he does well for a couple of games then things potentially look a lot more rosy in defence...

Biggest disappointment of all the summer buys for me this one, but Ive not wrote him off at all, needs to get a chance now under Sam and if so take it

I know Koenman wasn't exactly freewheeling but Sam plays a similar system to Dyche so Keane might do well once he gets his confidence back. Defensive setups can make CBs and keepers too look a lot better than they are.

Some CBs do well in more defensive setups and look like tire fires where there is little help (not that I'd want him here but Lovern would be a lot better player if he wasn't constantly in the back all by himself).

Good Lord at some in here.

When he comes good, he and Holgate will be awesome together going forward.
Just a matter of when.

He was thrown into a bad scene, working under a manager who was under pressure. He's a good young centre-half.

I can see him commanding the box in years to come. But right now it's backs to the wall and no prisoners.

I’m afraid to say he’s pretty bad, it seems once he gets turned he’s not got a recovery challenge in him, just gives up.

Status
Not open for further replies.