Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Sunday 10th December

Status
Not open for further replies.
utter sludge yesterday, and we were extremely fortunate to take a point - if we play like that against Liverpool ten times, we'll be likely to even draw more than once or twice.

still, if we're going to be totally clueless and inept offensively, better to do so conceding 0-1 per game rather than 3-5.

given how fragile and disoriented the squad has been all year, I can't blame Allardyce for parking the bus, though Rooney defensively on the right was obviously ill-conceived. at least he fixed it at the half.

I do hope we're capable of more ambition the next two times we meet though, to say the least.

Another Origi. Utterly crap player, the only difference being we actually made the former look brilliant last year by being so defensively all over the place. Every other time they used him he was turd, hence why they shipped him out on loan. Another fault they have on their endless list is loving to re-write history about people who pass through there. One minute someone is the next Rush or Dalglish or Shankly, then when they're moved on "they were never that good anyway".
An old mate of mine was just like this, every player they bought was pure class until they were moved on after a handful of games. Mind you he thought the original Ronaldo was overrated.

No one can be surprised at there cry arsein cos we never rolled over as usual and got patted on the head on the way out there all fumin cos we dared to stop them playing.Am just enjoying all the crap there talking to justify why they never won .they had 3shots on target we had 2 .

Allardyce played a blinder with his main tactic - let that carthorse Henderson have the ball and mark the footballers.Worked a treat. Mind, he did have first hand experience about how bad he is when he managed England. Roll on the cup game.
It was like a training session at times with Henderson stood in the middle passing to each player in turn with them passing it straight back to him. Perhaps it was an attempt to bore the opposition to death lollol

I'm not so sure, he has all the attributes: delusional, myopic, crass, infantile, humourless, self-absorbed. His outburst yesterday will be meat and drink to the badge heavy, banner waving neanderthals that make up most of their support. My favourite moment from his post match interview (and I have replayed it a number of times) was when his eyeballs momentarily spewed from their sockets and bounced off his wide rimmed designer spectacles, as he asserted that we didn't deserve a penalty because we weren't playing well enough. A moment and a comment to cherish forever and to remind them of at every and any opportunity, the absurdity is priceless. I think he'll be there a while.
And he all but accuses the ref of cheating. How the hell does he get away with such snide implications? Dirty, snivelling low-life - a perfect fit for that mob.

utter sludge yesterday, and we were extremely fortunate to take a point - if we play like that against Liverpool ten times, we'll be likely to even draw more than once or twice.

still, if we're going to be totally clueless and inept offensively, better to do so conceding 0-1 per game rather than 3-5.

given how fragile and disoriented the squad has been all year, I can't blame Allardyce for parking the bus, though Rooney defensively on the right was obviously ill-conceived. at least he fixed it at the half.

I do hope we're capable of more ambition the next two times we meet though, to say the least.

Having had some time to reflect, and I was fuming throughout the match thread for how dire we were, I'm glad we got a point instead of losing or even being smashed. Especially in such controversy, it's quite refreshing!

But it could have been an out and out fume fest if we had lost or the penalty wasn't given. We were never going to score unless it was some of Gylfi's/Rooney's magic.

I imagine that Coutinho/Firmino etc will be starting the cup game given that drawing after being in front is like a loss for them. Will these tactics work again or will we play completely different and take them by surprise?!

Who'd be a football manager? ;)

Everton were sent out with a game plan by Allardyce and they got it right. It was ugly, but it was bound to be.

There was a bit of luck - if Mane had squared the ball to his mates just before half time we would probably have lost- but
he didn't.

They had only 3 attempts on target, don't forget, so why are they whinging?

You'll often see teams dominating possession and not winning these days. They couldn't deal with Everton's tactics
because they weren't good enough.

For those with no time to watch this incredible interview , I have reduced it down to just three words.

#
giphy.gif

Leauge game, got a point away from home from a current top 4 side, cant be bad. And I expect slightly different set up and tactics for the FA cup, but nothing wrong in a replay to bring the tie back on home soil.

I wonder how we will approach the cup tie. Another good defensive display but I really hope we hang onto the ball better.

Status
Not open for further replies.