Match Thread Apollon Limassol - EL 6pm 07.12.17

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we had won the group already and this was a 'dead a rubber' with a derby game coming up.We would have sent out a weakened squad anyway.You can't predict the future mate.

Yeah but we didn’t win the group, we’ll prob finish bottom with lowest points ever from a British club. Bit of perspective wouldn’t go astray

The club/first team squad should pay for a refund of flights and match tickets for any fan that can produce a stub and flight confirmation for the game.

The very least they can do for the unbelievable effort from the fans. Respect is earned and all that

I'm utterly fed up seeing this refund the fans nonsense. Our fans are unreal and I've nothing but respect for those going to Cyprus. 1500 over there is first class.

But no one is forced to go to a game. No one can guarantee a result. With any sport you take that risk when you follow your team. I'd much rather see players pay us back this season with effort. They owe us big time in terms of performance. But good grief give it a rest with the refunds tripe.

I'm utterly fed up seeing this refund the fans nonsense. Our fans are unreal and I've nothing but respect for those going to Cyprus. 1500 over there is first class.

But no one is forced to go to a game. No one can guarantee a result. With any sport you take that risk when you follow your team. I'd much rather see players pay us back this season with effort. They owe us big time in terms of performance. But good grief give it a rest with the refunds tripe.

Also it's in Cyprus in December, not Moscow. Pretty sure many are looking at this a quick holiday in the sun before xmas.

We have 7 potential debutants tomorrow , including the very exciting 16 year old Anthony Gordon who’s banged in 12 goals for the 18s so far this season as an attacker. He’s not big enough to play as a striker on his own but is the most talented of our 1st Year Scholars , very skilful, pacy and an eye for the goal. It would be great to see him get some minutes.
“Alex Denny, Fraser Hornby, Nathan Broadhead, Stephen Duke-McKenna, Michael Collins, Shayne Lavery and Anthony Gordon all trained at the GSP Stadium this evening with the rest of the squad.”
Collins is a 1st Year Scholar too , a strong well built CB , just 17.
Duke-McKenna is quite small , speedy winger or wing back .
Lavery a ginger haired attacker who’s also got pace and can score goals.
Hornby a six foot 3 striker converted from a midfielder, think of a young Fellaini the way he uses his size in the box.
Alex Denny , usually a strong DFM but has played as a CB in a few games at U23s level.
Broadhead is a Welsh U19s/21 International who’s scored some spectacular goals .

Last edited:
We have 7 potential debutants tomorrow , including the very exciting 16 year old Anthony Gordon who’s banged in 12 goals for the 18s so far this season as an attacker. He’s not big enough to play as a striker on his own but is the most talented of our 1st Year Scholars , very skilful, pacy and an eye for the goal. It would be great to see him get some minutes.
“Alex Denny, Fraser Hornby, Nathan Broadhead, Stephen Duke-McKenna, Michael Collins, Shayne Lavery and Anthony Gordon all trained at the GSP Stadium this evening with the rest of the squad.”
Collins is a 1st Year Scholar too , a strong well built CB , just 17.
Duke-McKenna is quite small , speedy winger or wing back .
Lavery a ginger haired attacker who’s also got pac and can score goals

Who is Denny mate?

Who is Denny mate?
Added a bit more on him . He’s an England U17s international but didn’t make the U17s World Cup squad. Looks big and strong whilst playing in midfield , not sure I’d try him as a CB in a young team , I’d go with Collins. 2nd Year Scholar and Denny and Hornby have probably been the best of that year . Unsy tried him as a CB but don’t think it was in PL2 games, possibly pre season and/ or one of those funny cups.

Added a bit more on him . He’s an England U17s international but didn’t make the U17s World Cup squad. Looks big and strong whilst playing in midfield , not sure I’d try him as a CB in a young team , I’d go with Collins. 2nd Year Scholar and Denny and Hornby have probably been the best of that year .

So do you think Duke McKenna will be played full back or wing back on the right mate and who would play left hand side? Assuming 3 at the back with Feeney, Collins and maybe Besic?

Status
Not open for further replies.