Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As each minute goes by, the likelihood of Big Sam getting the job decreases. I genuinely believe that perhaps the Shakter guy, Ancelloti, Hiddink or Tuchel will be next manager. It has been 5 weeks because I think that deep down a majority of the board wanted Unsworth to succeed and his time after the last 2 results is well and truly up......I don't believe that the search gathered serious momentum until after Southamton game on Sunday.
Appointing a foreign manager who is currently employed or not is not a 24 hr thing. Whoever it may be NEEDS to assemble his choice of backroom staff....theres then the small, yet important thing of organising relocating of all concerned.
This is a forum for expressing opinions and no doubt many will shoot me down.
Having been a season ticket holder for 12 years before relocating to Tenerife I have been truly depressed and agitated with the way the season has gone.....For you guys living on the doorstep I know the pain is even worse.
This is just my thought on the situation, deep down hoping and praying that its not Allardyce and perhaps grasping at straws for somebody else !!!!!

Do you know that for sure, Dave, or is it just a fervent hope? I keep changing where I stand. The squad is poor but not as poor as performances would suggest, and it's still only November, so a panic appointment doesn't seem appropriate. However, when I see the results, I find I do start to panic, which is when Allardyce becomes more acceptable. On the other hand (I have three or four hands) it's easy to assume Allardyce has some sort of magic formula, that he can work wonders with nothing, when his results don't really bear that out. He is one of those who becomes better with each week he's out of the job. I'd just about accept him if it's only until the Summer and only if the properly researched right man comes in then. If we can get that right man now, so much the better.
He's not the answer and he wont be coming here.

It's just the new "certainty". just as Dyche and Silva have been.

Please tell me this is based on solid inside information and not just hope that our club couldn't be this stupid and desperate. Because believe me... they can!
They can appoint him but in my estimation they wont. They had him and dismissed him and now people are assuming that SKY have the inside knowledge of who's in the box seat. They dont. They said Dyche and Silva were.

They can appoint him but in my estimation they wont. They had him and dismissed him and now people are assuming that SKY have the inside knowledge of who's in the box seat. They dont. They said Dyche and Silva were.

At what point do we give up on Silva... surely he would need to quit today... perhaps after tonights match for us to have any chance of getting him in. Even then it could drag on for weeks if Watford stand firm.

Dave who is your choice - apologies if already quoted.
I'd go for Silva.

If we cant get him I'd turn to Dyche. That said other clubs would have had a list as long as your arm full of decent managers from Europe they'd have worked through before arriving at Allardyce's name. That's the maddening thing about this whole saga. It's as if there's only three possible choices.

My issue with this is that the people in the know at FF should have realised he isn't up to the job at this moment and then shielded him by saying publicly he wasn't being considered (due to experience or whatever). This would have allowed him to go into those games with less pressure to prove anything. He could (and should) have bored people to death and aimed to grind out results to get some confidence and semblance of shape back. 2 banks of 4, defend the 0-0.

By throwing his hat into the ring he felt like he had to try and be expansive and this is why we keep getting picked off. It's a joke we allowed this to turn into a public job trial and hasn't done anybody concerned any favours at all.

In a black humour funny sort of way it's almost comical that his caretake period has seen us play 2 clubs so far who have been that poor that they changed managers and each one got that new manger bounce - or at least the players responded to their clubs making a 'positive' change

Puel a flop at Saints hammered us with Leicester, Hodgson - bloody Roy Hodgson should have comfortably beaten us too.

It shows that leaving a dead duck in charge as Koeman was, is no different to leaving a lame duck in charge which was unsworth after the first two games in reality and arguably before that because we made it clear in reality that we wanted to aim 'high', it is very much a crisis of our own making now, a self fulfilling prophecy and one can't hemp but wonder - if that was certain peoples plan all along - to draw out the process by causing conflicting ideas on recruitment until the situation spiralled so badly that their preferred choice would be the one clamoured for by a certain element of fans and then entire media...

Story of Walsh being under threat comes out, within 24 hours big fat sam all over the media as the next manager option, how do those two stories tally, as Allardyce is 100% the choice of Walsh initially

Status
Not open for further replies.