Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn’t left out to dry. He wanted the job. After Watford he thought he had turned a corner. We waited to see. He accepted the job and wanted it, even put out in the press he did. He only stopped when Watford was a flash in the pan

This was his chance to prove that he could do it. In a run of games where he needed to reorganize a defense that has seen steady degrade since Moyes left he's had to get them up to pace with games every 3-4 days. When was the last time we saw a confident Everton defensive display apart from City.

Can't believe the shouts he made this side worse. He is trying desperately to rescusitate a corpse of a team who is actually struggling to resist his efforts.

All circumstantial.

There is a world of managers out there who can both save us (from 4 points off 9th place with 25 games to go!) AND satisfy fans.

I dont think we've waited this long not to get a FT appointment in who can do that.

Stand on me mate, Allardyce wont be manager.

Sod it go for Fonseca, he's proven and can raid the Shaktar squad in january

Makes Moshiri’s claim on talksportvthat we were close all the more ridiculous. All he did by doing that was undermine Unsworth and make himself look a fool. I honestly expected this to be sorted after the weekend games but here we are dragging into another week and still nothing from the most inept board in the prem.

I would like to think Fonseca might be in with a chance, but leaving Shakhtar before such a crucially important and massive Champions League game for them on the 6th December seems extremely unlikely to me, especially when there's such a decent chance of knocking out Napoli in the process too.

We desperately need a change now not later, which is why I think he's happy to be linked in case Shakhtar don't make it as his name will be put out there, but in my view that's all.

I had a dream last night he was running down the dock towards Bramley Moore in his suit smiling with Enrique Iglesias's "Hero" playing over it. It was slightly erotic tbh

Dead weird, but this is what Everton has done to me.

Agree 100% with all of this. Also seen people saying 'imagine if he won us the FA Cup', well thery're in for a shock cos he's the master of prioritising situations to suit his own agenda. I fully expect a 3rd round exit orchestrated from within.

NSNO my arse
Are we acting like we haven't already completely bottled 2 competitions now?

Neither Unsy or Koeman could get our first team to win in the cups.

Fa Cup is the least of our priorities now.

It's always been open ended.

We'll see. People fearing Allardyce are well wide of the mark. It WONT be him.

Do you know that for sure, Dave, or is it just a fervent hope? I keep changing where I stand. The squad is poor but not as poor as performances would suggest, and it's still only November, so a panic appointment doesn't seem appropriate. However, when I see the results, I find I do start to panic, which is when Allardyce becomes more acceptable. On the other hand (I have three or four hands) it's easy to assume Allardyce has some sort of magic formula, that he can work wonders with nothing, when his results don't really bear that out. He is one of those who becomes better with each week he's out of the job. I'd just about accept him if it's only until the Summer and only if the properly researched right man comes in then. If we can get that right man now, so much the better.

Do you know that for sure, Dave, or is it just a fervent hope? I keep changing where I stand. The squad is poor but not as poor as performances would suggest, and it's still only November, so a panic appointment doesn't seem appropriate. However, when I see the results, I find I do start to panic, which is when Allardyce becomes more acceptable. On the other hand (I have three or four hands) it's easy to assume Allardyce has some sort of magic formula, that he can work wonders with nothing, when his results don't really bear that out. He is one of those who becomes better with each week he's out of the job. I'd just about accept him if it's only until the Summer and only if the properly researched right man comes in then. If we can get that right man now, so much the better.

Dave is trying to deflect knowing its fat Sam lol

He wasn’t left out to dry. He wanted the job. After Watford he thought he had turned a corner. We waited to see. He accepted the job and wanted it, even put out in the press he did. He only stopped when Watford was a flash in the pan

My issue with this is that the people in the know at FF should have realised he isn't up to the job at this moment and then shielded him by saying publicly he wasn't being considered (due to experience or whatever). This would have allowed him to go into those games with less pressure to prove anything. He could (and should) have bored people to death and aimed to grind out results to get some confidence and semblance of shape back. 2 banks of 4, defend the 0-0.

By throwing his hat into the ring he felt like he had to try and be expansive and this is why we keep getting picked off. It's a joke we allowed this to turn into a public job trial and hasn't done anybody concerned any favours at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.