Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
'Almost' gave us a spanking?! I've heard some tenuous arguments in my time but that's up there. I mean, we had more possession, shots, shots on target, and missed an absolute sitter in the last minute, but I suppose you're right, if they'd scored another 5 goals they'd have spanked us.

So what you're saying is Silva took 4 less points from 3 less games, having lost 3 of his best players within a month of being there and bringing in a handful of loans, while Allardyce spent £30m. Which one are you saying did the better job again?

To be honest i had a feed of pints and remember thinking we were shocking and lucky to get away with a draw, maybe spanking was the wrong word, but i had expected to go away to managerless Hull and win comfortably, my memory of the game was we could have no complaints being beaten.

I think again you are being a bit disingenuous mate, recruitment is part of the job and including loan fees which are about 1 mill + these days Silva sigings were: Markus Henriksen (AZ Alkmaar) 5.5 mill, Oumar Niasse (Everton - loan), Evandro Goebel (Porto) 2.5 mill, Omar Elabdellaoui (Olympiakos - loan), Lazar Markovic (Liverpool - loan), Andrea Ranocchia (Inter Milan - loan), Alfred N'Diaye (Villarreal - loan), Kamil Grosicki (Rennes) 9.5mill. I think he might have spent the guts of 20-25 million himself. Im not knocking Silva i liked how he set up Hull, both acted as a catalyst for revival last year just Allardyces was successful and won more points, the ultimate objective was to stay in the league, one was successful the other wasnt given very similar context.

One thing that comforts me with Allardyce is that he is very astute with transfers. He'll know exactly what the team is missing and find an effective solution to it.

hahahahaha - you wait...Diame will be his stellar signing. He likes big units charging round the pitch kicking lumps out of the opposition and hoofing long balls to a grock of a CF.

School of science.....pffffft

Agree 100% with all of this. Also seen people saying 'imagine if he won us the FA Cup', well thery're in for a shock cos he's the master of prioritising situations to suit his own agenda. I fully expect a 3rd round exit orchestrated from within.

NSNO my arse

Remember Hammers fans went ape when he played a virtual youth XI against someone from the C’ship in the Cup.

Forest, I think.....and they lost.

And a reserve team in the League Cup semi at City......they lost by six or seven goals.

One thing that comforts me with Allardyce is that he is very astute with transfers. He'll know exactly what the team is missing and find an effective solution to it.

Not sure if joking or..? He signs stop gaps, many who are still hit and miss.

Remember Hammers fans went ape when he played a virtual youth XI against someone from the C’ship in the Cup.

Forest, I think.....and they lost.

And a reserve team in the League Cup semi at City......they lost by six or seven goals.

We have a youth side of worldies though.. Not many that fit Big Sam's mold though, apart from the strong CF part but I can't see them coming in and bullying defenders twice their age.

Marco Silva took over a side which hadn't kept a clean sheet in 18 games last season, and kept 2 in his first 3 matches in charge - against Liverpool and Manchester United - while Allardyce took over a side which had gone just 3 games since its last clean sheet, failed to keep one in his first 5 games and only picked up 4 points from his first 8 games. Silva has also managed to keep 5 clean sheets in 13 games with Watford, who only kept 7 in the whole of last season. But Silva is seen as a liability and Fat Sam as a guarantee of survival and defensive stability. You're being hoodwinked.
I was referring more to Fonseca than Silva as I don't think we are getting him but I'd argue we are looking worse than Hull did. We've conceded over 40 goals this season including EL. Considering we only conceded 1 in first 2 PL games we now have 27 against in 11 and 15 against in 5 in the EL. That is 42 goals conceded in 16 games. This is bad, very bad. There is no way I could trust giving it to an untried foreign manager.

hahahahaha - you wait...Diame will be his stellar signing. He likes big units charging round the pitch kicking lumps out of the opposition and hoofing long balls to a grock of a CF.

School of science.....pffffft

Sounds identical to the football that we played when we last won a trophy.

This is bad, very bad. There is no way I could trust giving it to an untried foreign manager.

This is bullshit though, because if they were known for organising a defense well then that doesn't matter. Fact remains our back 4 are a bit crap. Ageing, injury-ridden with no bottle what so ever. Big Sam won't change that until january. When he will sign another bunch of ageing stop gaps on long contracts.
January will be Big Sam's chosen argument for when he can be judged. And I don't trust him past his stomach with any funds. I'd much rather bring in an untried foreign manager who could bring in players he knows and trusts and who know and trust him.

Sounds identical to the football that we played when we last won a trophy.

Only this time Allardyce doesn't give a flying f...about cup competitions - ask any West Ham or Newcastle fan. His style of play is old, tired, predictable and one dimensional. Any manager worth his salt would be able to re-motivate, organise us and steer us to mid-table safety this year. We don't need Sam - why are so many Evertonians happy to sell our souls to the devil?

I was referring more to Fonseca than Silva as I don't think we are getting him but I'd argue we are looking worse than Hull did. We've conceded over 40 goals this season including EL. Considering we only conceded 1 in first 2 PL games we now have 27 against in 11 and 15 against in 5 in the EL. That is 42 goals conceded in 16 games. This is bad, very bad. There is no way I could trust giving it to an untried foreign manager.
Jesus wept, you've got to be joking?! We've got 4 points from our last 3 league games, why are people making out like we're 35 points adrift at the bottom of the league?! Hull had only won one of their last 18 games when he took over, they were 1000 times worse than us.

I'm not just talking about Silva himself, simply saying that you don't have to be a big ugly brute of a British manager to improve a poor side. This side will get better through good coaching and better tactics, there are loads of people out there who have those skills. The idea that you have to go 'back to basics' is unbelievably short sighted and naïve.

This is bullshit though, because if they were known for organising a defense well then that doesn't matter. Fact remains our back 4 are a bit crap. Ageing, injury-ridden with no bottle what so ever. Big Sam won't change that until january. When he will sign another bunch of ageing stop gaps on long contracts.
January will be Big Sam's chosen argument for when he can be judged. And I don't trust him past his stomach with any funds. I'd much rather bring in an untried foreign manager who could bring in players he knows and trusts and who know and trust him.
So you'd overlook a manager who knows the players and the league who may be able to start improving us now over someone who doesn't know the league or players and can't start sorting it until January? Too much of a gamble for me.

Jesus wept, you've got to be joking?! We've got 4 points from our last 3 league games, why are people making out like we're 35 points adrift at the bottom of the league?! Hull had only won one of their last 18 games when he took over, they were 1000 times worse than us.

I'm not just talking about Silva himself, simply saying that you don't have to be a big ugly brute of a British manager to improve a poor side. This side will get better through good coaching and better tactics, there are loads of people out there who have those skills. The idea that you have to go 'back to basics' is unbelievably short sighted and naïve.
Come on, look at those 4 points. We used up all our luck we usually see over a whole season to get them. I'm not seeing anything from our last 3 games that gives me confidence. I agree though there are better than Sam out there, a lot better but if they don't want the job what can we do? We can't just keep going with Unsy until someone changes their mind we have to act now.

So you'd overlook a manager who knows the players and the league who may be able to start improving us now over someone who doesn't know the league or players and can't start sorting it until January? Too much of a gamble for me.

I'm saying no manager will say that they will turn this around in the weeks up to january, every manager coming in will have to make january work for them and whoever comes in will tell us to disregard results until then because they have had no time to make the squad their own.
Big Sam won't improve us from day one, much like he stated when he took over Palace he will make a case for there not being enough experience and nous of these situations and sign the same type of players we already have.

I'd much rather we get on with the previous plan, but we need to accelerate the spending obviously. Signing another two or three 35 year olds to keep us in the premiership with more than half the season to play is ridiculous to say the least. Get the targets in we needed in the summer and we will start to improve.

2 centrebacks preferably but 1 who has to be armband material, good cover for Leighton Baines. A first choice striker who can put pressure on opposition defense and be a focal point for us. Pay over the odds because it will likely get us Premiership status next year and can be the launching point we need going forward which should have been made last summer.
If possible ship out the dregs who do not want to be here.

Status
Not open for further replies.