Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
watch burnely on the tele and that will tell you why he's not everyones cup of team, good manager but his football is borderline Pulis, and at the end of the day football is entertainment and there is absolutely nothing entertaining about watching that kind of football

I’ve been watching the Everton farrago with interest as a Burnley fan, having added my two penneth at the start.

I have to take issue with this comment. Watch our two goals and the football we played on Saturday. I know it was Swansea, but we still popped it about well and scored two great goals.

We’re evolving as a team having done what we need to do to survive. I’m amazed at some of the comments on here, and staggered that more fans on this poll want Unsworth, a man with zero first team experience, over Dyche.

Do people seriously think Duncan Ferguson would be a good manager or are they taking the pee?
I just think if a new boss came,it should be up to new boss if Ferguson stayed on as coach or not,and not have Evertpn force ferguson on new boss etc-seems like ferguson will be here forever no matter who the boss is to me

Dyche is currently reaping the benefits of five years in total control at Burnley. Hand picking all his players , no foreign mercenaries or academy prima donnas, a small squad whereby he can keep them all happy.He was at the club six months before there were any real improvements. Nearly all new signings are slow to establish themselves usually needing a pre-season to get Dyche fit, as we say. He has no experience of dropping into a club and instantly making an impact.

Not true.

We were averaging conceding two goals a game when he took over (sound familiar) and he sorted that instantly and made us tough to beat.

It took him six months to get us going as an attacking force, and get Ings and Vokes to score 20 league goals each in a season, but he made an instant impact defensively.

This is just one, unmitigated mess.

I am actually ashamed of the club right now.

It looks like we have been eyeballed by poxy Watford over a manager who missed the equivalent of a six inch golf putt to save his team from relegation last season.

Eighteen short months ago it all looked so different when the new owner came in.

Instead it has descended into farce.
Don't worry, we have been assured that Silva will be here tomorrow..well within 48 hours at the most.....well perhaps not.

I’ve been watching the Everton farrago with interest as a Burnley fan, having added my two penneth at the start.

I have to take issue with this comment. Watch our two goals and the football we played on Saturday. I know it was Swansea, but we still popped it about well and scored two great goals.

We’re evolving as a team having done what we need to do to survive. I’m amazed at some of the comments on here, and staggered that more fans on this poll want Unsworth, a man with zero first team experience, over Dyche.
Burnley are one of the more underrated sides in the league, tbh.

The Ginger Bearded Warrior at Burnley is good, at Burnley. End of. No disrespect to Burnley, whom I like and have family there.

If Everton want to be considered a top club in England then we need to hire a top manager. No more managers from the calibre of Preston, Wigan etc. Our next manager needs to be an attraction to players who we want to recruit and to meet our ambitions/ hopes, not the likes of Ramires for a bargain 5m or Cuco Martina who couldn't even get in the Saints team.

Everton must recruit a manager, even a stop gap position, to ensure our safety is secured, as I do not believe Rhino is anywhere near ready. Longer term we will need a top quality manager, such managers at this time of the season are generally employed and for good reason. Top quality manager attract high class players, they have the networking skills, they have the talent that means players want to play for them. How many class managers have we had in the past 20 years, how many class players have we really provided for the Goodison faithful?

Mr Moshiri has set high expectations as the major man at Everton FC. He has put his plans in place, he has invested heavily compared to other board members. He will surely want a man who can lead his "vision" for Everton FC. Should HE recruit well then the glass is half full, we should be a target for higher class players and we can move forward towards winning a trophy.

Failure to grasp this nettle will hinder his plans and lower fan/investor expectations. No time for rash appointments, so a careful approach is better than a rash decision. Serious talks are required and I am sure Mr Moshiri will want to be seen to employ the right kind of Manager.

Managers List:

Rhino - as mentioned above
Tuchel - won a cup in Germany with a top top quality team, beating Eintracht 2-1. Two years in charge and where is he now? Unemployed for some time.
Simeone - Not a chance
Dyche - as mentioned above
Allardyce - didn't want to wait as we didn't offer enough Hubba Bubba chewing gum incentives
Silva - done well abroad, but real question marks over his ability
Hiddink - The best out of the bunch that has been populated and certainly worth a job interview

So then Mr Moshiri - who will you put in place to steer your plan in the right direction and at the right pace?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.