Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
He relegated Hull and got 15 points after 11 games. Proved nothing.

Never employ manager who relegated his PL club.
He wasn't even there for a full season. If he was they probably would have stayed up. A Champions League and double La Liga winning manager took Newcastle down so does that make him a bad manager? A lot of people would want him here too if it wasn't for his connections with the dark side.

He wasn't even there for a full season. If he was they probably would have stayed up. A Champions League and double La Liga winning manager took Newcastle down so does that make him a bad manager? A lot of people would want him here too if it wasn't for his connections with the dark side.
And his disrespectful comments about EFC.

I Am not totally against Silva as he definitely has something about him.
I do have concerns about some of his moves in the transfer market ,he has a nett spend of 40 million at Watford including 8 million for Cleverly and 18 million for a journeyman striker in Andre Gary with a return of 1 goal up to now.
All managers are a gamble regardless of there record is he the best we can get?

..believe me, Hull were a basket case. Remember they hardly had 11 players to select at times last season and he gave them a real chance of staying up.

He also sold instantly their two best players in order to bring in a few more players, case of realising the team was more important than an individual.

I do have concerns about some of his moves in the transfer market ,he has a nett spend of 40 million at Watford including 8 million for Cleverly and 18 million for a journeyman striker in Andre Gary with a return of 1 goal up to now.

Agree to an extent but on the flip side they were being realistic and brought in what was available. And they are looking all the better for it.

Tbf to him though mate, cleverley has played really well for them and is key to the way they play, Gray is an option which allows them cover from injuries or to inject more pace from the bench.

Don't personally like or rate either player, but the key thing is they both do suit the system and have defined roles in his side.

Pretty much the polar opposite of how we signed players, rather have a manager who signs players to suit how he wants to play, than sign players he then tries to fit into a system or alters everything around trying to find how they fit.

..he also bought Richarlison who looks a snip for £11m. He’s 20 years of age, he’s got pace, athleticism, an eye for a goal and hits quality set pieces. Very impressed with him at Goodison last week.

Last edited:
Tbf to him though mate, cleverley has played really well for them and is key to the way they play, Gray is an option which allows them cover from injuries or to inject more pace from the bench.

Don't personally like or rate either player, but the key thing is they both do suit the system and have defined roles in his side.

Pretty much the polar opposite of how we signed players, rather have a manager who signs players to suit how he wants to play, than sign players he then tries to fit into a system or alters everything around trying to find how they fit.
He does seem to be able to organise a team so they all no what there role in the team is.
If I was a gambling on who will be our next manager I would bet on Silva being our manager by 5pm tomorrow.
So maybe we will soon know if he is the real deal

He definitely has a scent of Martinez in him. But...Im open to it after reflecting. Obviously it would need to be right attitude from their part...he needs to want the job.

He definitely has a scent of Martinez in him. But...Im open to it after reflecting. Obviously it would need to be right attitude from their part...he needs to want the job.

Martinez served up some fantastic football....all he needed to do was to build in the defensive element required for the prem

The players we currently have now bar another Left sided defender and new left back are set up for someone like Silva rather than big Sam or Dyche

If we go down BS or Dyche route it will set us back years, yes we may tighten up at the back but moving forward it will require wholesale changes to fit their style and approach

Silva for me is Matinez esq but install a solid back 4-5 in front of a great keeper in Pickford and this team will push on.....

Martinez served up some fantastic football....all he needed to do was to build in the defensive element required for the prem

The players we currently have now bar another Left sided defender and new left back are set up for someone like Silva rather than big Sam or Dyche

If we go down BS or Dyche route it will set us back years, yes we may tighten up at the back but moving forward it will require wholesale changes to fit their style and approach

Silva for me is Matinez esq but install a solid back 4-5 in front of a great keeper in Pickford and this team will push on.....
If Silva has better abilities considering defence and can play sexy togger like Martinez im ok with that.

If Silva has better abilities considering defence and can play sexy togger like Martinez im ok with that.

I dream of a manager with Moyes defensive grit and Steele and the attacking football of Martinez...

The thought of BS or Dyce is making me feel sick and will be tempted to swerve my season ticket after 40 years...

Ye....short term fix but long term madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.