2017/18 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joel destroyed his Everton career by deciding he wasn’t going to keep goal in the Anfield Derby. He’d been playing well up to that point but sure as night follows day as soon as a big game came round he absolutely soiled his pants. I can’t be doing with these players who choke on their own fear 12 games a season and then turn it on when there’s nothing riding on the game. Joel’s a bottle merchant simple as that. Too early to judge Pickford.

Joel destroyed his Everton career by deciding he wasn’t going to keep goal in the Anfield Derby. He’d been playing well up to that point but sure as night follows day as soon as a big game came round he absolutely soiled his pants. I can’t be doing with these players who choke on their own fear 12 games a season and then turn it on when there’s nothing riding on the game. Joel’s a bottle merchant simple as that. Too early to judge Pickford.

Harsh on Joel. It's not like Howard ever crapped out in big games. It was almost like part of the job description for a decade.

Joel is a fat slob, the only shots he ever saves are ones that rebound off his titanic arse. He is a complete and utter waste of space, the gormless looking lump. Sooner he’s shipped off to the Spanish third division where he belongs the better.

@Joey66

Pickford is an excellent young keeper who is good enough to become world class with the right coaching. It was rumoured he was on Pep's radar and I was happy enough for him to sign for us at City. My Mackem mate was raving about him last season, so much so, I watched Sunderland games whenever I could. JP played well at ours this season, the difference in us not going on to win the game IMO. He looks like he can become England first choice, especially now Joe Hart is regressing at an alarming rate.

Pretty impressed with Ederson though, the guy is as brave as a lion commands the back line well, excellent distribution, and shot stopping. I can only recall him making 2 minor errors so far. One when he came out to Lukaku in pre season, fumbling the ball, second was to Napoli away where he froze to allow Insigne to score. He's been a big reason why our defence has looked so much better. Bravo was absolutely shocking last season but been pretty solid this season when played, saved 3 pens V Wolves.

Did OK when he won an FA Cup winners medal,fairly big game?

Pickford is an excellent young keeper who is good enough to become world class with the right coaching. It was rumoured he was on Pep's radar and I was happy enough for him to sign for us at City. My Mackem mate was raving about him last season, so much so, I watched Sunderland games whenever I could. JP played well at ours this season, the difference in us not going on to win the game IMO. He looks like he can become England first choice, especially now Joe Hart is regressing at an alarming rate.

Pretty impressed with Ederson though, the guy is as brave as a lion commands the back line well, excellent distribution, and shot stopping. I can only recall him making 2 minor errors so far. One when he came out to Lukaku in pre season, fumbling the ball, second was to Napoli away where he froze to allow Insigne to score. He's been a big reason why our defence has looked so much better. Bravo was absolutely shocking last season but been pretty solid this season when played, saved 3 pens V Wolves.

Should have saved Rooney goal for us earlier on in the season as well in my opinion

Had a rash game v Watford ran out in the first half outside his area the pen and thier first goal were shaky decisions by him, great shop stopper, but his command of the defenders is just not there, Robles was far more vocal with virtually the same defence - Robles kept ten clean sheets last season - a good no 2 to come in - thought he should have played at Lyon to take a bit of pressure of Pickford !

Agree with statement above...Pickford needs to calm down & stay on his line more let the strikers make their decision don't make it easy for them....there is no need to run out & committ yourself stay on your line & narrow the angles is a far better decision...
He tries to be too dramatic & over complicates the saves when a simple catch instead of punch will do, I know he is still learning but these inadequaties need to ironed out ASAP...

I'll be interested to see if having a new goalie coach (Kelly?) has an effect on him. He needs to calm down a little, but he's young and he's got potential.
Joel is a fat slob, the only shots he ever saves are ones that rebound off his titanic arse. He is a complete and utter waste of space, the gormless looking lump. Sooner he’s shipped off to the Spanish third division where he belongs the better.

@Joey66
Joel? Fat? You sure you're not confusing him with Gashley Williams?

I don't know about his arse, but he has got massive teeth. And in fairness, no-one turned up in the Derby. The entire team were crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.