Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll go with the massive fat one (until the end of the season) if you believe Bill and Mosh. Then says Mosh we'll bring in Simeone in the summer. >>>>fast forward to late August 2018 and an Everton press release courtesy of Jim White.

"I have been reliably informed that Diego Simeone has told Mr Moshiri to ram his offer". "Therefore Everton have decided to keep the fat one with an extended 3 year contract".

It's sooooo Everton - you just know it will play out like this

Leave Unsworth in place..... im not entertaining this big sam crap!! Unsworth is in a great position to get things turned around mentally with the players (with already being a respected part of the club). If flipping sam comes in, I can't see the players holding the same respect as they do for Unsworth..... Stick with Rhino!

Like mirallas and
Leave Unsworth in place..... im not entertaining this big sam crap!! Unsworth is in a great position to get things turned around mentally with the players (with already being a respected part of the club). If flipping sam comes in, I can't see the players holding the same respect as they do for Unsworth..... Stick with Rhino!
Shneiderlin?

Why does it always have to be a "big name" or a foreigner?

The right man for this job is Chris Wilder, by a country mile.

He's on the way up, not on the way down.

He builds a team, gets the basics right, plays good football and gets 150% from his players.

When you look through a list of British managers (available or otherwise) it becomes clear pretty quickly that we'd be best served to look abroad for our next manager.

It is clear that Moshiri is thinking big, it is not so clear if he can deliver.

Last week he was being ridiculed by not thinking big enough when Sean Dyche was mentioned and this week he is thinking too big because Simeone is mentioned.

What is the acceptable level of manager we should be after ?... or ....some of our fans are never happy.

I think the club wants to appoint Allyrdyce on a short term contract but that may not interest him.
I think Moshiri wants a big name and is prepared to pay to get one and we have already seen that he is prepared to do this.

I think prospective managers will see how RK was backed with funds during the summer in a way that very few clubs can afford... this level of investment and salary will certainly tempt lots of high quality managers.

Finally, the new stadium is also a factor. I think that the owners want a high profile name to go with the launch of the new stadium .

Last week he was being ridiculed by not thinking big enough when Sean Dyche was mentioned and this week he is thinking too big because Simeone is mentioned.

What is the acceptable level of manager we should be after ?... or ....some of our fans are never happy.

I think the club wants to appoint Allyrdyce on a short term contract but that may not interest him.
I think Moshiri wants a big name and is prepared to pay to get one and we have already seen that he is prepared to do this.

I think prospective managers will see how RK was backed with funds during the summer in a way that very few clubs can afford... this level of investment and salary will certainly tempt lots of high quality managers.

Finally, the new stadium is also a factor. I think that the owners want a high profile name to go with the launch of the new stadium .

..bloody hell, the new Manager will have to be on his fifth contract the way the stadium build is going.

Why does it always have to be a "big name" or a foreigner?

The right man for this job is Chris Wilder, by a country mile.

He's on the way up, not on the way down.

He builds a team, gets the basics right, plays good football and gets 150% from his players.

I'm not saying he would be right for Everton, BUT his managerial record is absolutely sublime. over the last 4 years he's up there with the best in europe

Good post and I agree with most of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.