Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be absolutely gutted and disgusted if we appoint Sam Allardyce whether it is a short term contract or anything. In just 3 or 4 months, we will have gone from an ambitious club that spent a lot of money and were looking to try and challenge 6th place to an unambitious club that is struggling to win a game, hovering around the relegation zone and with the most boring relegation fighting Manager in charge who has never won anything of note and probably never will. It will be an embarrassment and i will struggle to force myself to even watch them any more.

Hoping that these Allardyce rumours are just nonsense and that we appoint a quality Manager that can not only sort our current predicament out but move us on in the future too.

Plastic oil club? Lol. Fair enough pal. Whatever you want. I was there way before the club was founded in 2008. But hey ho before the money came we were a 'real club' averaging 32000( full capacity) every game in old third division. But like I said, that was before we were formed.
Always liked Maine Road me, i always felt an affinity with the City fans as they spent long years having their lives ruined by bastards in red just like us!

No patch on the Emptyhad eh :p
I didn't mind some City fans generally in the past, but over the past few years the sense of entitlement has become palpable, which is a shame.
Some of our younger fans have a "sense of entitlement", that is true. Tbh, nowadays it isn't the same. Watching my beloved club morph into the kind of corporate monster we hated like Man-Ure is something I never wanted to happen. Seeing glory hunting half and half scarf wearing camera clicking tourists means little to me when they turn up to their seat, more interested in uploading selfies onto social media than watch the fantastic football on display. But you know what, watching us struggle to even win a corner in our darkest season of 98/99, to now the stark difference is like coming off the Mariana trench, to scaling Everest. Ok it's taken a stupid amount of money to get where we are, but I quite like climbing Everest. One day I'll fall off and let some Johnny come lately take up my seat I've had for years.

Always liked Maine Road me, i always felt an affinity with the City fans as they spent long years having their lives ruined by bastards in red just like us!
Same here. Many City fans felt/ still feel the affinity, especially those old enough to remember when we were both in the shadows of our more successful same City rivals. I used to like Liverpool being better than Man-ure back in the day if I'm honest, but I always felt both felt entitled and (from my POV) City were a nothing threat to them. Always made me laugh how they would delight in taking the p!as at our former sad sorry state. Expectant of beating us convincingly. Probably like Liverpool expected over you. Your time will come again no doubt. I wish Everton FC well and good fortune.

“Everton's director of football Steve Walsh is understood to be backing a move for Allardyce with his former England assistant Craig Shakespeare, who worked with Walsh at Leicester but was sacked as their manager last month, re-joining him as number two.”..........I’d sack Walsh just for this tbh........
I don't understand how he's still at the club. A complete failure, and then to come out with statements like that?

“Everton's director of football Steve Walsh is understood to be backing a move for Allardyce with his former England assistant Craig Shakespeare, who worked with Walsh at Leicester but was sacked as their manager last month, re-joining him as number two.”..........I’d sack Walsh just for this tbh........

Yep. Get rid (if true)

“Everton's director of football Steve Walsh is understood to be backing a move for Allardyce with his former England assistant Craig Shakespeare, who worked with Walsh at Leicester but was sacked as their manager last month, re-joining him as number two.”

I don't understand how he's still at the club. A complete failure, and then to come out with statements like that?

No statement OR quotes from Walsh there mate. Just somebody filling column inches.

For all the negativity surrounding it, reuniting Sam with Steve, Sam with Craig, and Craig with Steve might yield a bit more than merely escaping relegation.

I'm not a massive advocate of Sam's footballing methods but on the bright side: 1 - the players will be fit, 2 - Half hearted performances/training ground tantrums/poor defending wont be tolerated.

The big downside seems to be we'll get a target man in the next window and lump the ball forward. What does anybody with a brain think Ronald was going to do come January?

Also, Simeone, hahaha behave Farhad.

Isn’t he the one that started the Moyes, Martinez and Koeman Out threads, proper stirrer that lad.......

He's got a dangerous mind when idle Pete.

I'm hoping that he's going to be busy before we sign our new manager, as I think this couid just be the tip of the iceberg with his superior wummery

Why does it always have to be a "big name" or a foreigner?

The right man for this job is Chris Wilder, by a country mile.

He's on the way up, not on the way down.

He builds a team, gets the basics right, plays good football and gets 150% from his players.

Status
Not open for further replies.