2017/18 Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't get why he was frozen out first by Martinez directly after buying him, and then by Koeman. Maybe there was a personality clash, but on the field Oumar's attitude has been top drawer.

The lad was a magnet for criticism and both managers bottled it. No disrespect to Esk here, but he couldn't even warm up without a judgement being made on his footballing ability.

Unfortunately, he was a Martinez signing during Martinez' last months in the bunker, and fans were ready for him to fail. Bad timing for Oumar I'd say, as it was too much of a risk to persist with him and Koeman was never going to give him a shot because he's a vindictive Man-Baby.

Our beautiful Oumar is back now and we should rejoice

Anyone who has seen Niasse warming up prior to a game, let alone in a game, can tell that the lad does not have the basic skills to be a professional footballer at any level let alone appearing in a team with European aspirations.

No idea how he ended up here, but he should never be considered for a place in the 1st team squad.

A lot of people on here suggesting that Niasse deserves a shot in the first team as we surely can't do any worse than present. I watched the U23 game tonight, he played the first hour.
From what I saw, and in my humble opinion, Koeman has got it spot on.
Niasse simply doesn't move or react like a professional footballer, he looks very awkward and clumsy with the ball at his feet. He miscontrols the ball time and time again, and seems to fall over way to easily under no real pressure.

The lad was a magnet for criticism and both managers bottled it. No disrespect to Esk here, but he couldn't even warm up without a judgement being made on his footballing ability.

Unfortunately, he was a Martinez signing during Martinez' last months in the bunker, and fans were ready for him to fail. Bad timing for Oumar I'd say, as it was too much of a risk to persist with him and Koeman was never going to give him a shot because he's a vindictive Man-Baby.

wow, that's quite the brutal post from @The Esk - he's normally fair and accurate with his views, but maybe this is one time where he'll gladly admit he was a bit wrong. Niasse has won us points this season when we've badly needed them. That's more than can be said for a few of our other expensive signings.

Lukaku gives up if the ball is 5 yards away from him. Oumar never gives up while the ball is on the pitch. Never seen a striker who tackles defenders so much. If he loses the ball,he tries to get it back. Now,thats an idea........
Lukaku sits at the table and waits to be served...Oumar goes into the kitchen and serves himself.......

Obviously not the best striker in the world, but at least he is one. He's becoming a bit of a cult figure. We have to stick with him until at least January. I love his work rate, even when we first bought him and he couldn't do anything he worked hard. I think he'll get into double figures this season. The £13million is looking good at the moment.

wow, that's quite the brutal post from @The Esk

Esk hated him. Tbf, I think a lot of fans at that time were looking at us to press on and make real strides in breaking the top 4, in which case he might have looked like a step back. Personally, I never saw enough of him to make a judgement. At the moment, he's the only player we have who behaves like a striker and occupies a striker's physical positions on the pitch, which means he's one of the first names on the teamsheet for me. It's a low bar, but that's where we are at the minute. Who knows, if he maintains this sort of attitude and performance, people might stop seeing him as a useful backup to whatever striker we sign in January.

Yeah I always found comments like that to be incredibly disrespectful. Especially the comment "Anyone who has seen Niasse warming up prior to a game, let alone in a game, can tell that the lad does not have the basic skills to be a professional footballer at any level let alone appearing in a team with European aspirations."

He was a professional footballer for like 7 years before coming to us! Scoring goals in the Europa League etc.

I am made up he is proving people wrong, though it feels kind of awkward how everyone loves him all of a sudden when many were basically questioning his professional ability a few months back. Like proper hate filled stuff too.

Lukaku gives up if the ball is 5 yards away from him. Oumar never gives up while the ball is on the pitch. Never seen a striker who tackles defenders so much. If he loses the ball,he tries to get it back. Now,thats an idea........
Lukaku sits at the table and waits to be served...Oumar goes into the kitchen and serves himself.......

A great analogy lol

super attitude, really enjoying watching his hot streak this season with ourselves and last with hull. Compared to the alternatives we have available, well... and looking at big rom lumbering anonymously around Stamford bridge (again) yesterday too.. super.

Status
Not open for further replies.