Sean Dyche

Would you be happy with Sean Dyche??

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing says 'lack of ambition' more than Dyche or Allardyce. You are basically admitting to the world that you are happy just being at the party.

The difference with Martinez was that fans and pundits thought his style of football might generate greater returns with better players. It did in the first season. But he turned out not to be able to organise a defence.

Nobody looks at Dyche (or Allardyce) and thinks that type of football could get us into the top 4. Fans currently sporting nappies see someone who will preserve PL status. Pundits and journos with their tongues up the arses of the "big 6" think it's a cute story for plucky old EFC to give even more plucky old Burnley manager his big break. Hartson even said 'Dyche might not get an opportunity as big as this again'. As if we were some just-about-achievable peak for averageness.

That's why the club should be shutting this crap down asap and bringing in a manager for the 3-5 horizon all while knowing that if he executes his plan he'll be poached by one of the top teams in Europe. Otherwise, what's the point?

Nothing says 'lack of ambition' more than Dyche or Allardyce. You are basically admitting to the world that you are happy just being at the party.

The difference with Martinez was that fans and pundits thought his style of football might generate greater returns with better players. It did in the first season. But he turned out not to be able to organise a defence.

Nobody looks at Dyche (or Allardyce) and thinks that type of football could get us into the top 4. Fans currently sporting nappies see someone who will preserve PL status. Pundits and journos with their tongues up the arses of the "big 6" think it's a cute story for plucky old EFC to give even more plucky old Burnley manager his big break. Hartson even said 'Dyche might not get an opportunity as big as this again'. As if we were some just-about-achievable peak for averageness.

That's why the club should be shutting this crap down asap and bringing in a manager for the 3-5 horizon all while knowing that if he executes his plan he'll be poached by one of the top teams in Europe. Otherwise, what's the point?

Name that manager.

The last part mate " club " and shutting this crap down.... Well they're not so to me it tells you it's deffo happening it's so so sickening that we've mocked these type of crap managers or clubs so to speak and here's us begging for allardayce or dyche.

Kenwright get out this club whilst you retain any power you also hold the club back. It's not a bloody toy and your happy to just stay a float. Long as you are chairman your not really bothered providing we retain pl status. This is a dark dark time for us as fans If a no mark manager comes in. How the mighty have fallen. ( it's Been happening for years ) sadly

Maybe Koeman should be top of your long list. You obviously don't want an English manager as our last two foreign managers have been outrageously successful

I'm not entirely sure what point you're making, or even whether you agree/disagree with what I posted, but regardless of nationality I'd argue that both our last two managers have been the same type of insular, comfy appointments that Dyche would be.

We basically went to smaller clubs whose manager was seen to be doing a good job, and pinched him away.

They might have been foreign appointments but they were hardly plucked from exotic foreign climes with hopes they could breathe exciting new ideas into the club. They came from Southampton and Wigan.

As others have written...its the continuation of our go-to managerial criteria whereby we either appoint an ex player, or a perennial overachiever at a small club.

I'm not optimistic that we have a vision beyond that.

You can criticise the club and you can criticise the media, both rightfully so. But what about a large section of our fanbase who until two games ago were convinced Unsworth was the solution? What the hell where they thinking? For me that’s no better than anyone wanting either Allardyce or Dyche.

The fact is we’re ten games into the season and whether we like it or not the table is very much taking shape. Look at the top 6.. it’s already the same as last year in a rearranged order. You can talk about style of football all you want, but quite simply what we need right now is “winning” football. I can honestly say I have much more faith in an Allardyce or a Dyche getting a tune out of this limited squad than a Tuchel. At least in the immediate future, I don’t mean long term. Making this appointment in the summer, with all that money to spend? Tuchel all day everyday. But it’s November and the most relentless, difficult period of football is coming up. We need someone who can negotiate that, someone with experience of it.

I don’t like it anymore than you do or anymore than a lot of blues, but the fact is the top top managers who have definitive ideas about how they want to play need two things; the right personnel and the time on the training pitch (with a great preseason) to implement their style. Compare City this season to last. You can see how much Guardiola learnt and how much his players have improved. Look at United this year now; they have more potency up front (thanks to us). If we put out a big offer (which we should at least attempt to do) perhaps someone like Tuchel would come. But you’ve got to think someone like him will be worried by this squad and would much prefer to bide his time until another job becomes available (Chelsea looks likely).

I go back to my previous statement, the only style of football I want to see right now is winning football. We need a manager with a definitive plan and style that will win us games, one suitable for this league. We have to start by sorting out the defence. We aren’t scoring many goals so we sure as hell cant keep conceding like we are. Look at how much stick Mourinho has taken for his “style of play”. Hasn’t done his medal cabinet so bad has it? I don’t think people would say they play “top 4” football. But they win games they should and don’t concede. Aside from the RS, every other top 6 team actually bothers to build from the back. That’s where we need to start. I’ll worry about improving the style of play when we’re not in 18th position.

Unfortunately for us we simply need to dog it out. Pick up some 1-0’s. At least until January. The damage to this season was done in the summer, we can all see it now. Let’s start rectifying it in January because until the recruitment is right it won’t matter who’s in charge.

Dyche and Allardyce are not going to be interested in a 6 month contract so we either hire them to bring stability then sack them or accept they are in place for 2-3-4 years

You can't just pick a manager whose style you don't like and then just change him a few seasons on , football doesn't work like that . Any manager implants his style , his footballing DNA ,throughout the club . Successful clubs replace managers with appointments that mirror or can at least work in the style of their predecessor.
We have experienced the problems an abrupt change of managerial style causes with the Moyes / Martinez handover. Initially successful but the more Martinez attempted to adjust the team to his ,radically different, style the more the wheels began to fall off, with inevitable results.
If you choose to follow a certain style of football with your managerial appointment , and assuming it is reasonably successful in ensuring our survival in the top flight, then you are realistically locked into it for the foreseeable future.
If you attempt to alter it then you once again de-stabilise the club and risk returning to the tailspin we are currently in. So the cycle begins again.
We will hopefully appoint someone who can not only ensure our survival but also guide us to a better future. That is the size of the task facing our seemingly inept board.
I'm not holding my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.