Homepage Update: WATCH: David Unsworth Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do people not stop at this point and think 'ah, this is absolutely mental hyperbole and I should probably think a bit more carefully'?

If Duncan Ferguson had been there and done a similar press conference people would be going all damp-eyed over it too, and he also wouldn't be the ideal choice for a first team manager.

How can a press conference convince you of a manager's ability?!?

Tbf, it's just nice to be feeling good about Everton again. That unified desire for Unsy to succeed is palpable, let us dream for a little while longer

Looks for all the world like a permanent appointment.

I'd say we're in touch with Tuchel and asking him to stay in a holding pattern until a decision is made on Unsworth.

Said all the right things Unsworth, and what a breath of fresh air to have an Evertonian and decent man in charge again (for however long a period).
Especially now it's reported that Tuchel hasn't ruled himself out of the job. I just want our manager to be successful. Back in the day there was Harvey, Walker, Moyes, Martinez and Koeman.
Some of those managers I disliked but I never wanted them to be anything but successful, as I desperately want to win something again, especially for our younger fanbase that hasn't experienced it. However nothing would please me more than see David Unsworth be successful. A proud Evertonian who will instantly have a rapport with the club. However if unsworth doesn't get the results he needs for the job, then I would like Tuchel to take over, as I think he has the pedigree and footballing philosophy to take this club forward.

What a cracking press conference, the positive vibes was something we never got from Koeman. I really hope it goes well for Unsworth he seems a great bloke and by the sound of it all around Everton really respect him. He kept mentioning his way of playing, I've got the feeling it will be much different from Koemans way and that alone is very incouraging. I loved the bit about Ross to whether he stays or goes, Unsworth will do his best to make him stay, I maybe wrong but there's a little bit of me thinking now Koeman was Ross's problem, now he isn't, but I may just be reading between the lines, but we will only know in time.COYB.

I've always liked Unsy. From the moment he broke into the first team he always gave 100% and obviously loves the club. Scored the first goal of the Moyes era as I recall. We passed him on the M40 on our way to the United semi final in 2009 and when he saw the Everton scarves hanging out of the car windows he was fist pumping away like a true fan. Regarding the manager's job, I'd say my head is with Tuchel but my heart says Unsworth.

Do people not stop at this point and think 'ah, this is absolutely mental hyperbole and I should probably think a bit more carefully'?

If Duncan Ferguson had been there and done a similar press conference people would be going all damp-eyed over it too, and he also wouldn't be the ideal choice for a first team manager.

Think its more relief that he has given some hope and reassurance after a pretty rubbish few months mate. And being one of us, kinda feels pretty good to me atm.

I
Especially now it's reported that Tuchel hasn't ruled himself out of the job. I just want our manager to be successful. Back in the day there was Harvey, Walker, Moyes, Martinez and Koeman.
Some of those managers I disliked but I never wanted them to be anything but successful. However nothing would please me more than see David Unsworth be successful. A proud Evertonian who will instantly have a rapport with the club. However if unsworth doesn't get the results he needs for the job, then I would like Tuchel to take over, as I think he has the pedigree and footballing philosophy to take this club forward.
I agree I just hope they give Unsworth at least 5 games to show his worth and I hope he does and gets the job. If not I'll support who ever comes in next.

It's not the be-all and end-all, obviously. But his confidence, desire, and hunger was all there to see. He spoke very clearly, bluntly, no hyperbole (a la Martinez) while at the same time he reinforced that Everton, and an Everton manager, need to win.

Think its more relief that he has given some hope and reassurance after a pretty rubbish few months mate. And being one of us, kinda feels pretty good to me atm.

I don't dispute it at all @roydo - I was grinning away watching it. I also just want to see Everton winning games.

The next few games are key for him - in fact, I would simply appoint him and let him get on with it. Not based on a press conference, but based on his coaching qualifications and the wider plan of having a 'culture' at Everton which is apparently set at Director of Football level.

While he certainly doesn't need to cater to my needs, all I really want is to see an Everton side that looks like it has a plan, even if that is simply play it down the lines, chase, cross in, head into the goal.

Let us have at least one day until reality bites Orls.

Status
Not open for further replies.