Homepage Update: WATCH: David Unsworth Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what he said in his presser:

Who wouldn't want this job? It is a wonderful football club with amazing fans and it is a top job for any manager, myself included. The chairman, Farhad and the board have given me an amazing opprtunity to hopefully get a run of games where performance levels go up and we produce some wins as well. From that performances and results will dictate any future for me as an Everton manager.

So he's being given first crack, whether that means we are not speaking to anyone in the meantime I can't say.

Hopefully he said. I seem to remember him saying he hadn't been told for sure how long he would have either, but that's from one viewing.

The gloom has been lifted. David Unsworth in one press conference has shown why he should be given the chance to work with talented players but a disjointed team. In the meantime if warranted another manager can be sourced. It's time to relax for a couple of months. Let the lads crack on.

It's dead sound when a manager (albeit temporary) is all about "we" and "us".

I didn't like Martinez and I didn't like Koeman. Frauds, highly compensated frauds. In the grand scheme of things I think Rhino isn't highly compensated for his work but he knows what he is part of and just what Everton is and should be doing

Win, if not just try like it bloody matters. Run yourself ragged and never give up. Fans will always appreciate a player or manager who shows that they care.

Rhino cares. Will he be the next best manager? Who knows. But I bet it'll rip his heart out if his team plays like they did under Ronald Koeman.

Really feel good after that hearing that press conference. He is motivated by his love of the club and his desire for them to be successful. He has no hidden agenda. This is not a stepping stone for him. This is where he wants to be.

The gloom has been lifted. David Unsworth in one press conference has shown why he should be given the chance to work with talented players but a disjointed team. In the meantime if warranted another manager can be sourced. It's time to relax for a couple of months. Let the lads crack on.

Do people not stop at this point and think 'ah, this is absolutely mental hyperbole and I should probably think a bit more carefully'?

If Duncan Ferguson had been there and done a similar press conference people would be going all damp-eyed over it too, and he also wouldn't be the ideal choice for a first team manager.

How can a press conference convince you of a manager's ability?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.