2017/18 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford
Coleman/Kenny -- Keane/Holgate -- Williams/Jagielka -- Baines/Cuco
Its clear where our problems lie in defence (clue: they're in bold).

If we could mirror the right over to the left we'd have a great defence.

Another 100mil needs spending on this.

Hasn’t had a single good game since he got here. Burnley must have pissed themselves all the way to the bank. Why on earth did we pay £30m for such an average player in the last year of his contract?

Too slow, doesn’t command the defence at all and can’t pass. Not good enough.

Garbage.

That is all

Pickford

Can you do one of these for the midfield and forward line too Zat ?

Don't disagree with you mate. I think quite a lot of our fan base wouldn't approve though. Just not sexy enough, even with the gravelly voice.
He's no oil painting I'll grant you but he will go to a bigger club one of these days. May as well be us if Koe gets the hook.

It isn't though.

His distribution is good and he can bring the ball out of defence far better than someone like John Stones for example. For every 10 attempts Stones gives it away about 3/4 times to Keane's 1.

Keane is also a far better defender than Stones. He has suffered from a lack of confidence which has coincided with a poor run of results and performances from the team in general.

He strikes me as someone who will go on to be a very capable defender in this league, probably to the standard of a Phil Jagielka. Which I would take all day long at the moment.

At this moment in time, I would agree that he doesn't look like he has the attributes to be a John Terry/Rio Ferdinand/Vincent Kompany who were the very best in the league in their position but Everton aren't one of the best teams in the league which is why he is playing for us.
I'm only going off what I've seen with my own eyes at Goodison since he's joined, and I have not been impressed with his distribution in that time. He has given away a fair few long balls from what I have seen.

This is not generalising him as a whole, and confidence from him to the entire squad makes a massive difference also - but just simply what I have seen in his time here.

I believe Stones to be a good player personally. Him and Keane together would have been a brave, and great, partnership in my eyes.

For the record I'm not writing Keane off, I just think he's underwhelmed me at this point.

I'm only going off what I've seen with my own eyes at Goodison since he's joined, and I have not been impressed with his distribution in that time. He has given away a fair few long balls from what I have seen.

This is not generalising him as a whole, and confidence from him to the entire squad makes a massive difference also - but just simply what I have seen in his time here.

I believe Stones to be a good player personally. Him and Keane together would have been a brave, and great, partnership in my eyes.

For the record I'm not writing Keane off, I just think he's underwhelmed me at this point.

To be honest mate I am underwhelmed by Koemans Everton, its hard to pick out one single player good or bad, especially a defender who has to rely on the person next to him a lot, Keane looks like a decent prospect still. Personally i like to see a side defend from the front, if we could do that Keane wouldnt be so exposed

To be honest mate I am underwhelmed by Koemans Everton, its hard to pick out one single player good or bad, especially a defender who has to rely on the person next to him a lot, Keane looks like a decent prospect still. Personally i like to see a side defend from the front, if we could do that Keane wouldnt be so exposed
Absolutely agree. In fact, I thought that's basically what our team was supposed to be doing.

Pickford

Judging by Sigurdsson lets not spend a penny on anything else

Fuming about someone who's been far and away our best defender. Everton, that.

I get it, we want more. But let's start with the actual problems, though, shall we?

aye, he needs a settled defence around him.

Jagielka, imo, compliments him better than Williams does.

Agree, but we actually have a problem with both of them in my opinion in that they are firstly being asked to play on the left side of the centre back pairing and both have struggled. Secondly, the team is so poor ahead of them for movement and options meaning that they are then being expected by their teammates and the crowd to do something effective with the ball and both are massively limited on the ball.

As much as some people wrote him off, Funes Mori would actually bring improvement to the defence purely for the fact that he's left footed. If he wasn't injured and we had 3 at centre back with Keane, Jagielka or Williams, and Funes Mori on the left side of it, I think it would be far better balanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.