Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The owner hasn't put forward any ambitions or targets for this season mate, so don't be telling porkies [/B];)

Look, I'm really unsure.

I want Moshiri to be decisive and that's the main thing.

If we're going to sack Koeman, it might as well be now, as there are two quality replacements we could at least try for even if they don't come off in Tuchel and Ancelotti.

But, there's the other side of the coin in that it's still - even though it doesn't feel that way - extremely early in the campaign relatively speaking, and even at this stage one or two positive results changes everything.

I'm really split.

He has though Toff, he said on telly that these are now Koeman's players, he's spent loads of cash, and top six was the aim.

Everton are interested in appointing Walter Mazzarri as their new manager, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport.
It has been reported that the Toffees made contact with the former Napoli head coach immediately after their 1-0 defeat to Burnley at Goodison Park in the Premier League on Sunday afternoon.

A meeting could take place in the coming days, with Mazzarri “intrigued” by the prospect of working in the Premier League again, according to the report.

Irrelevant of there being any substance in reports like this, it's nearly always a sign that the end is nigh.

When the club start leaking stuff to "pet " journos, it's a sure sign that they're thnking of getting rid.

Yup, we were looking good in that 4-4-2 right up to Burnley scoring

Yes, this nails the problem we have right now.

RK's core 'vision' of the world's slowest 4-3-3 is not working. Hastily re-assembled players in a new formation will take time to gel, playing under greater pressure and lower confidence right now. And along come a solid looking Burnley and hey presto. They did to us what we often did with Moyes to clubs like Spurs who had tonnes of imports, loadsa money, managers coming and going. No thank you.

Funnily enough I like Burnley since Dyche is from my local town and they resemble to me the positives of Moyes' Everton (great value, some British talent and British Manager). Dyche as also proved himself over time, promoting and re-promoting players he believed in, even after relegation.

We've leaked that same steely core as the wave of Moyes era players / culture wanes. Let's go 4-4-2, with better pace and width from the likes of Lennon, Mirallas, Lookman, Davies, Gana, Vlasic, DCL, Niasse et al. Bolasie and Coleman (both of whom are recovering from horrible injuries) will enhance that if/when ready.

I'm not saying let's have Moyes back, but we need to be solid again.

Within that system, a bias on promoting Holgate, Kenny and Galloway would give experience to our talented youngsters in system they understand. The dream would be the option of a motivated Barkley in the middle, too. Maybe Unsy or someone can get that out of him. Funnily enough, Barkley is the only mishap for which I don't think it's totally fair to blame RK.

I'm not saying axe experienced players
Snides, Sigs, Rooney, Jags and Baines, great but with two MAX 3 out that 5 on the pitch at any time.

In summary, new manager, bias on simpler, more attacking system, younger Everton players and ideally Everton manager given a window of chance (Unsworth with Big Dunc as assistant).

Yes, this nails the problem we have right now.

RK's core 'vision' of the world's slowest 4-3-3 is not working. Hastily re-assembled players in a new formation will take time to gel, playing under greater pressure and lower confidence right now. And along come a solid looking Burnley and hey presto. They did to us what we often did with Moyes to clubs like Spurs who had tonnes of imports, loadsa money, managers coming and going. No thank you.

Funnily enough I like Burnley since Dyche is from my local town and they resemble to me the positives of Moyes' Everton (great value, some British talent and British Manager). Dyche as also proved himself over time, promoting and re-promoting players he believed in, even after relegation.

We've leaked that same steely core as the wave of Moyes era players / culture wanes. Let's go 4-4-2, with better pace and width from the likes of Lennon, Mirallas, Lookman, Davies, Gana, Vlasic, DCL, Niasse et al. Bolasie and Coleman (both of whom are recovering from horrible injuries) will enhance that if/when ready.

I'm not saying let's have Moyes back, but we need to be solid again.

Within that system, a bias on promoting Holgate, Kenny and Galloway would give experience to our talented youngsters in system they understand. The dream would be the option of a motivated Barkley in the middle, too. Maybe Unsy or someone can get that out of him. Funnily enough, Barkley is the only mishap for which I don't think it's totally fair to blame RK.

I'm not saying axe experienced players
Snides, Sigs, Rooney, Jags and Baines, great but with two MAX 3 out that 5 on the pitch at any time.

In summary, new manager, bias on simpler, more attacking system, younger Everton players and ideally Everton manager given a window of chance (Unsworth with Big Dunc as assistant).

" the worlds slowest 4 - 3 - 3 "

lol;)

The owner hasn't put forward any ambitions or targets for this season mate, so don't be telling porkies ;)

Look, I'm really unsure.

I want Moshiri to be decisive and that's the main thing.

If we're going to sack Koeman, it might as well be now, as there are two quality replacements we could at least try for even if they don't come off in Tuchel and Ancelotti.

But, there's the other side of the coin in that it's still - even though it doesn't feel that way - extremely early in the campaign relatively speaking, and even at this stage one or two positive results changes everything.

I'm really split.

@Lanolin has already responded with what moshiri said in deadline,day mate, which does contradict what was then said by the manager.

As for waiting as we appear to be going to do, in recent times I can't remember a time delaying saw a benefit.

Long gone are the days of fergie and Kendall turning it around - it's a different game nowadays with player and agent power.

Thing is with Tuchel - he can't organise a defence. I'm not sure he's a good fit for the PL but I'd trust him to formulate an attack - although again that being said he had Aubameyang, Pulisic, Kagawa, Rues etc at Dortmund to get him out of trouble if things went wrong.

Aubameyang was a bit of a flop until tuchel turned him around and started playing him centrally wasn't he?

At Mainz tuchel did have them sound defensively, at dortmund he inherited a klopp team so maybe no shock at times they could be leaky.

@Lanolin has already responded with what moshiri said in deadline,day mate, which does contradict what was then said by the manager.

As for waiting as we appear to be going to do, in recent times I can't remember a time delaying saw a benefit.

Long gone are the days of fergie and Kendall turning it around - it's a different game nowadays with player and agent power.

Lots of truth in this. The faffing with Ross, Sigs etc has seen us ruin two of the Prem's most influential Midfielders last year. Keane and Pickford were bought early doors, straight in and are so far producing the goods OK for me - within an obviously under par side. He's clearly not settled on what shape Sandros, Rooney, DCL and Klassen are supposed to play. What's going to change?

Must go now. We're out of Europa realistically. Top 7 a struggle now. What's a new guy got to prove, oh yeah those great cup runs I haven't got used to anymore (scary that Martinez - whose sloppiness I also loathed - actually trumps Koeman by a mile @davek )

Unsworth, common sense, grit and believe in our youth!

Aubameyang was a bit of a flop until tuchel turned him around and started playing him centrally wasn't he?

At Mainz tuchel did have them sound defensively, at dortmund he inherited a klopp team so maybe no shock at times they could be leaky.

Wasn't really a flop, but he was second-fiddle to Lewandowski in that first season IIRC.

In 2014-15 Dortmund struggled (Klopp's last season) but Auba definitely started to hit his stride.

Came truly good under Tuchel though, yep.

Status
Not open for further replies.