Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would be out of their depth?

Theres been plenty of appointments in world football....youth coaches no idea...but Unsworth has superior pedigree to Shakespeare, vialli, di matteo, gullet and the like.

Playing that many inexperienced youngsters is just asking for trouble. I remember Aston Villa trying that for a couple of years and they ended up getting relegated.

We have no idea what Unsworth would be like as a club manager. It'd be a mad appointment.

It always baffled me people being excited by this appointment.

I understand being ok with the choice, and getting behind the manager whilst here, but being excited by it and being a 'fan' of his.....strange to me. He reeks of bog standard Peter Reid/Gordon Strachan type managerial level to me, just doing the rounds and doing ok. Completely uninspiring.

Then there's the @Everton_Gary level bizarrely calling him world class.

Don't really get this point. So we shouldn't have bothered turning up then cause we were likely to lose anyway? Not saying we should win but both the performances were an absolute disgrace!

I just wouldn't go basing the season on a couple of games against sides who are obviously miles better than us.

Koeman asked the board to buy a target man and a left footed center-back. The board failed. Kenwright and Moshiri
both of you do know why now.

I can see why we play 3 center-back 2 wing-back at the time because we are more secure and solid at the back. However, we only have 3 senior center-back with this long list of fixture coming up. We give up on certain things hoping we are not cenceding so easily like today's dreadful performance.

It's mission impossible to fit in Sigurdsson, Rooney and Klaassen in the same team as they tend to operate in the same area and while all 3 of them are not the quickest, our movement is static and the lack of penetration in the attacking play (barely happened today too which is worrying) is causing this team dearly. The ball may come in occasionaly and we have two 5 ft 9 strikers as the chief sources to attack the ball. As good as Rooney was, I believe he is better suited as a player on the bench. Everything seems to slow down around him. Both him and Sandro miss-hit quite a lot of shot in dangerous area. On top of that, he was trying to get himself sent off today.

We really need proper players on the wing. I am impressed by Vlasic's combo and think he should start next time and given our poor attacking play today Mirallas should be another option too.

We need Coleman and dare I say, Bolasie back desperately. Oh I believe when our players have too much time to think things just go tits up at time.

To sum up, this was pure tosh from the team today. No fight and lazy performance. As much as I like Baines, he is not captain material. No shouting no waking up call by Leighton.

If Moshiri has any balls he will be reading Koeman the bloody riot act, he really has lost the plot, he doesn't know his best formation or his best team and we look disjointed every game from the off.

I don't like being to reactionary after a defeat but to have no shots AGAIN, someone has to take responsibility.

Moshiri himself is a fraud so i dont think he has the right to read the riot act to anyone.

It always baffled me people being excited by this appointment.

I understand being ok with the choice, and getting behind the manager whilst here, but being excited by it and being a 'fan' of his.....strange to me. He reeks of bog standard Peter Reid/Gordon Strachan type managerial level to me, just doing the rounds and doing ok. Completely uninspiring.

Then there's the @Everton_Gary level bizarrely calling him world class.

To be fair Bike, I think there was a general feeling of mehness round these parts when he was hired.

I don't recall much in the way of excitement among our friends on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.