Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford
Kenny -- Holgate -- Keane -- Baines
Schneiderlin --Gana
Sigurdsson
Vlasic -- Calvert-Lewin -- Lookman
This in my opinion is way more balanced than what we witnessed today.

Loads of experienced bench options if changes need to be made + Davies as an impact player.

As much as I think you're right I still think that team would struggle. Bleak times.

Need to get shut of this whole 2 DMs thing. Boring as hell to watch.

I'd drop Schneiderlin, looked poor recently
How about this?
Pickford
Gana
Sigurdsson -- Rooney
Pace on the wings, creativity in the middle and Gana protecting.

This bloke is a walking myth, getting by on playing reputation. He played for some of the best footballing teams ever in his career and yet absolutely clueless as a tactician, on top of that he's p1ssing all the players off. Not sure I can take much more of these atrocities, lucky for him I don't make decisions.

If it's like this in December then we'll all be worried of course but I can't help but lose sight of the fact we're only 4 games into a season where we've played 3 of the best sides in the league.
If we carry on like this till December he will be gone and rightly so. We will have to see how we play against the lower sides but today was one of the worst performances I have seen at home in years.

Is this about the time where people quote my posts from when we hired him and tell me I was right ?

Unsworth should be manager next...get these super talented young lads in the team and bin off dross like Williams and Martina!

Just so everyone can turn on him after a few months because he's obviously too inexperienced for the job. Football fans would change manager after every single defeat, it's all a bit silly.

Let down by the board's failure to land a proper target man and left sided defender.

Letting himself down by stubborn refusal play DCL from the start, any form of a proper wideman, Davies was a key player last season and can barely get a kick and then we come to Martina.

This summer was always going to be the rebuild, and it was always going to take time for the squad to gel, however he's definitely not extracting anywhere near the maximum from this group of players.

We might have been able to scrape through the opening few weeks of the season with a few wins if the opposition had been relegation fodder, but to leave him facing these fixtures without an experienced no9 is hanging him out to dry.

The window is done now, Koeman is stuck with the squad he's got. It's on him now to get the maximum out of the players available and find a way of playing and a way of winning.

He had all summer to get a striker, pace, and creativity, defensive cover.

He brought in Martina, Sigurdsson, Klassen, and Sandro for around £70million.

How about this?
Pickford
Gana
Sigurdsson -- Rooney
Pace on the wings, creativity in the middle and Gana protecting.
Pickford
Schneiderlin --Gana
Sigurdsson
This in my opinion is way more balanced than what we witnessed today.

Loads of experienced bench options if changes need to be made + Davies as an impact player.

Schneiderlin as box to box here.

Otherwise, you could drop one of them, put Sigurdsson In centre midfield and Rooney as attacking midfield.

He has to do it...nothing else makes sense

Just so everyone can turn on him after a few months because he's obviously too inexperienced for the job. Football fans would change manager after every single defeat, it's all a bit silly.

Other teams have success appointing from within and a lot of the players have come through under him.

I honestly don't know.

He's a well paid manager and has been backed heavily in the transfer market. He has to improve this.

Also, he has only got one and a half years left to run on his deal.

I don't think he has any interest in staying here beyond the three years anyway.

And I think that is half the problem.....he doesn't give a stuff.

He is far too comfortable......the way we pursued him at all costs has him thinking we are lucky to have him.

IMO he is running his contract down and I expect him and Moshiri to come to some "mutual agreement" deal next May and he walks away with say 50% of his final year salary.

That is unless things take an even greater turn for the worse and we are deep in relegation trouble come November or December and then Moshiri will really have to ask serious questions of himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.