Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone calling for his head he isn't going anywhere on 6m a year, and it would be a disaster to have someone else come in with the squad having just undergone wholesale change.

I'm concerned for sure, but these are Koemans problems and thus for him to fix. That is what he is paid handsomely to do.
It may get worse before it gets better but we have made our bed and have to lie on it.

FWIW, we will do better against sides outside the top 6, despite the money there is still an awful lot of dross in the PL. That said, our shambolic "efforts" against superior opposition time and time again under Koeman are both hugely disheartening and unacceptable, regardless of mitigating circumstances and perennial excuses.

Depressing time at the moment.

As I say though, it's the formation and tactics, everything else, not just the striker situation that is the problem.

We 'come to press and play attacking football' says Koeman.

We do neither.

If it's like this in December then we'll all be worried of course but I can't lose sight of the fact we're only 4 games into a season where we've played 3 of the best sides in the league.

Pickford
Kenny -- Holgate -- Keane -- Baines
Schneiderlin --Gana
Sigurdsson
Vlasic -- Calvert-Lewin -- Lookman
This in my opinion is way more balanced than what we witnessed today.

Loads of experienced bench options if changes need to be made + Davies as an impact player.

Thing is, Burnley managed to win convincingly at a top ground. How long has it been since we did that?

We will finish above Burnley obviously. We'll probably end up seventh again. And to be honest, if you're not winning any trophies, or even close to winning, how are we actually that different?

Yep. Keep saying no progression. We havent progressed playing staff wise. We didnt finish off what we started in june. Thursday night football will have a big effect on this squad. A blind man could see we needed a least 2/3 even 4 more top signings to have a go at top 6 with lukaku and barkley gone and going.It is possible we will finish mid table.

Pickford
Kenny -- Holgate -- Keane -- Baines
Schneiderlin --Gana
Sigurdsson
Vlasic -- Calvert-Lewin -- Lookman
This in my opinion is way more balanced than what we witnessed today.

Loads of experienced bench options if changes need to be made + Davies as an impact player.

Need to get shut of this whole 2 DMs thing. Boring as hell to watch.

I'd drop Schneiderlin, looked poor recently

Need to get shut of this whole 2 DMs thing. Boring as hell to watch.

I'd drop Schneiderlin, looked poor recently

Schneiderlin as box to box here.

Otherwise, you could drop one of them, put Sigurdsson In centre midfield and Rooney as attacking midfield.

It's weird, his preferred style of play at Southampton worked well in the Premier league, and he seemed to be going for the type of players to fit that system at first. Williams, Bolasie, Schneiderlin.

I just can't get my head around why he's now decided to go for the opposite of that. Did his head connect with a golf club at some point over the summer holidays?

Status
Not open for further replies.