Atlanta stadium?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuesday night in Bologna, looking for a walking tour to do on Wednesday, then train to Reggio Emilia for two nights,hotel down the road from the station.

For anyone who follows Italian football, which English team would you compare them too?

West Brom? A solid but unspectacular team who do themselves proud every year but will never be a club that actually goes anywhere or wins anything.

Or maybe West Ham? A club who are fairly well known but are no way near the size they think they are and are lucky to even be in this league, utter dirge.

Some info please.
Southampton.

Don't suppose anyone else didn't book on early enough like Me, and has had to get the 9.30am flight on Thursday from Liverpool to Milan malpensa via Bordeaux, which lands at 3.20pm by any chance? Don't think I'd be able to get a train from airport to the ground in time so thinking of hiring a car. £55 + petrol. Any takers to share the journey and cost?! Pm if interested, thanks

Tuesday night in Bologna, looking for a walking tour to do on Wednesday, then train to Reggio Emilia for two nights,hotel down the road from the station.
Was in Bologna in July, you'll find plenty to do for one day. Piazza Maggiore, Due Torri, San Petronio Basilica, however the Neptune fountain is currently being repaired and covered in scaffold. Like most cities, be aware of pickpockets and undesirables. Our fav place to eat and drink was La Prosciutteria, but there are loads of bars and restaurants in the centre and there are a few buffet places where the buffet is free when you buy a drink costing 6-9 euros. Travel by rail is cheap, we paid 12.50 euros for a single to Venice (160 km) and Reggio Emilia is less than half of that distance.
Enjoy the trip and lets get 3 points, COYB.

I've just impulsively bought a ticket for this and sorted travel this morning.

Flying in to Bergamo airport and landing at 440pm local, hiring a car and driving like the clappers for KO. Flight back from Bergamo at about 6 in the morning and straight in to work.

No hotel, just drinking through.

In the country for 14 hours lol

Up the Toffees!

Try Stansted to Milan Malpensa with Ryanair for decent flight prices.

Then get the train across to Reggio Emilia (2 hours) which is about £50 return

On the Friday back from Milan Bergamo into Stanstead
On this myself Wednesday evening and back on Friday night with a night each in Bergamo and Reggio Emilia.

Flying in to Bergamo airport and landing at 440pm local, hiring a car and driving like the clappers for KO. Flight back from Bergamo at about 6 in the morning and straight in to work.

Up the Toffees!

Good Luck mate! Dont go down via Milan. A few years back was in that area for work each month and traffic between Bergamo & Milan is a mare at that time.

Up the Toffees!

Careful. Dont do a rooney on it.

Up the Toffees!
youll do well to make the kick off,
nevermind time to have a bevy!

youll do well to make the kick off,
nevermind time to have a bevy!

I'm getting in the car with a few other lads, so I'm not the designated driver. I've got faith in the fella who is to get us there in time, hopefully there aren't any unfortunate delays but that's the risk we're taking.

We'll be having a drink from the airport here mate anyhow!

Just in case anybody needs a lift I'm travelling solo arriving in Milan Linate airport at 12.20 pm on Thursday and have a car to drive the 90 miles to the ground (staying at the Holiday Inn Express a few hundred yards away). Driving back to Milan Linate for a 1.30 pm flight back to Heathrow the next day so need to leave by around 9 am.

I'm getting in the car with a few other lads, so I'm not the designated driver. I've got faith in the fella who is to get us there in time, hopefully there aren't any unfortunate delays but that's the risk we're taking.

We'll be having a drink from the airport here mate anyhow!

Knowing Italian hire car desks, you'll be very lucky to get your car within an hour. Good luck though mate, good trip however much you see.

Status
Not open for further replies.