Confirmed Signing Nikola Vlasic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly. They saw him for a couple game, never heard of him before, and decided to throw 8M at him just so the posters at GOT and other fans would be distracted from the lack of a CF coming in. That's obviously it.

Glad you agree. He makes up the numbers and is reasonably priced in this day and age, its a last minute buy, a safe bet, a decent player, that will probably pay off and make the squad stronger but does not address the failure to sign a striker .............

I think we had been looking at Lookman for a while when we brought him in, appears Vsalic is just to make up the numbers in the final
hours of the window to deflect attention away from our miserable attempt to replace Lukaku
Miserable? What are we supposed to do? Who could Everton just go out and buy who's at a similar level as Lukaku
and would come to a club that isn't in the CL?

Makes perfect sense. God help you if you ran a business @eddy

I know imagine if an imbecile such as me ran a hugely profitable football club established in the premier league and its associated riches, sky tv money etc ..... I would be well out of my depth.... hell I could be stupid enough to allow a young English midfielder with bags of talent to run his contract down so said business recieves nothing after years developing that young English talent, imagine how foolish that would be of me!

I may even sell a massive goalscoring talent at the beggining of the transfer window for what is an absoulute bargain to the buying club we compete against when the palyer has 2 years on his contract to run enabling the club to remain firmly in control of the situation until a replacement is found ........ you are right I would be well out of my depth ......

I know imagine if an imbecile such as me ran a hugely profitable football club established in the premier league and its associated riches, sky tv money etc ..... I would be well out of my depth.... hell I could be stupid enough to allow a young English midfielder with bags of talent to run his contract down so said business recieves nothing after years developing that young English talent, imagine how foolish that would be of me!

I may even sell a massive goalscoring talent at the beggining of the transfer window for what is an absoulute bargain to the buying club we compete against when the palyer has 2 years on his contract to run enabling the club to remain firmly in control of the situation until a replacement is found ........ you are right I would be well out of my depth ......
You're saying this sarcasticly but you 100% haven't got the first clue about running a football club.

Neither do I.

You intimate it's as easy as 1, 2, 3. Whereas the reality could not be further from the truth.

You might be fantastic on Football Manager or FIFA or whatever else, but the truth is life is nothing like a video game.
We are where we are after decades of neglect and stagnation. Overachiving mostly to paper over the cracks.

We STILL need to pick up promising young talent (potentially such as Vlasic) and mold them into the finished article or flip 'em for a profit.

Clearly keeping a striker who didn't want to be here and a midfielder that wont sign a contract is the only pre-requisite of running a football club. You'd nail it mate ;)

You're saying this sarcasticly but you 100% haven't got the first clue about running a football club.

Neither do I.

You intimate it's as easy as 1, 2, 3. Whereas the reality could not be further from the truth.

You might be fantastic on Football Manager or FIFA or whatever else, but the truth is life is nothing like a video game.
We are where we are after decades of neglect and stagnation. Overachiving mostly to paper over the cracks.

We STILL need to pick up promising young talent (potentially such as Vlasic) and mold them into the finished article or flip 'em for a profit.

Dissagree, basically its just running a business, a large business but the model is of business, nothing more or less. Most owners are nothing more than employers/ investors, lets not kid ourselves here

Agree I hope Vlasic turns out good and does not end up on the conveyor belt to United

And recklessness with the stagnation allowing poor decisions of selling our best players and replacing them with inferior ones

Clearly keeping a striker who didn't want to be here and a midfielder that wont sign a contract is the only pre-requisite of running a football club. You'd nail it mate ;)

I would have sold him last year with 18 months to go whilst he was fit for top dollar `nailed`

The striker had 2 years remaining if we had waited for a couple of weeks we would have gotten a lot more money out of any buying club or kept him for another year with a sensible release clause next summer `nailed again` next question please .....

Yes because it really is as simple as that :coffee:

I would have sold him last year with 18 months to go whilst he was fit for top dollar `nailed`

The striker had 2 years remaining if we had waited for a couple of weeks we would have gotten a lot more money out of any buying club or kept him for another year with a sensible release clause next summer `nailed again` next question please .....
To who? And for how much? If no-one bid let alone met your price.

Yes, you would be out of your depth. Fortunately the people actuall running our club didn't do any of those things

Dissagree, basically its just running a business, a large business but the model is of business, nothing more or less. Most owners are nothing more than employers/ investors, lets not kid ourselves here

Agree I hope Vlasic turns out good and does not end up on the conveyor belt to United

And recklessness with the stagnation allowing poor decisions of selling our best players and replacing them with inferior ones

That bit at the top shows just how clueless you are. Football isn't like any other business because the people who are involved in it aren't like traditional employees. Contracts mean little in football, so footballers behave very differently to how someone who works in an office would. Although most footballers aren't blessed with 170+IQs, they are still people, people with short careers and a range of motivating factors that will influence the decisions they make and where they play their football. There are very few places where a manager earns less than his subordinates, but it is frequent in football, meaning that players can't just be gotten rid of and replaced as though you were looking for a new receptionist.

Say what you like about Mike Ashley, but he is a shrewd businessman who knows how to run a company. He is, however, pretty poor at running a successful football club. However, that must be a rare thing, because eddy from the internet says running a club is easy :pint2:

You are no Bill Gates and no mistake :dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.