Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should go back for him now. I reckon Pellegrino would rather have Austin and Long.

Test him with a £30M bid.
Why on earth should we bid £30m for somebody who only cost £15m just 6 months ago?. Especially somebody who has only just ended a 12 match run of not scoring. Unless you think we're now operating in a grossly inflated market Dave?

The price was high but it was what they wanted. We didn't overpay. We payed exactly what they asked for. If we'd over payed it would have been: Swans: "We want 45m for Gylfi". Everton: "Ok here's 60". You're talking cobblers again. Quit with the bullshine.
I'm pretty sure he means 'by most valuations'. We didn't overpay Swansea but we overpaid what would be normal market value (Christ knows what that currently is though).

The price was high but it was what they wanted. We didn't overpay. We payed exactly what they asked for. If we'd over payed it would have been: Swans: "We want 45m for Gylfi". Everton: "Ok here's 60". You're talking cobblers again. Quit with the bullshine.
Dont talk daft.

I think if it gets to £40M for a player like Sigurdsson you walk away...quickly. Let the selling club think about it and see the painful truth (for them) that no one else is coming in for Sigurdsson for £40M either and let them stew in their own piss before begging you to come back and give them £35M.
Didn't Leicester bid 40m before us so that would make the starting point. We didn't pay much more after acting the way you are describing.
Without Leicester we maybe could of got him for less but they messed it up for us.

Why on earth should we bid £30m for somebody who only cost £15m just 6 months ago?. Especially somebody who has only just ended a 12 match run of not scoring. Unless you think we're now operating in a grossly inflated market Dave?

I'd pay them £15M-£20M, but we have a club manager and DoF who seem to think you have to pay more. £30M would be cheap for them in order to secure an attacker.

I believe now though we'll loan a good CF out this season.

The latter mate.

I've argued we go for Sigurdsson since last summer. So while I'm glad we secured him the price was £15M OTT imo.
I think we went for him last summer but for some reason he opted to stay with Swansea and signed a new contract. To see the lad now practically go on strike to force a move through to us is very frustrating, not to mention costly.

I honestly think with the influence of sky clubs hold on to announcing deals until the last day. Keep the hype up

How does that work though ? A manager wants to sign a player and bed him into his squad to him matches but the chief exec or owner says "we can't buy him yet because sky have been on the blower and want us to wait til deadline day , for Jim white's viewing figures " , that seems insane to be honest mate .

Or do you mean they just like to do deals late because it creates hype around the club ? I don't agree with that either but I can see a little logic to to it , well compared to the possibility above .

Didn't Leicester bid 40m before us so that would make the starting point. We didn't pay much more after acting the way you are describing.
Without Leicester we maybe could of got him for less but they messed it up for us.

He didn't want to go there though. Everton could have stood their ground with a £35M bid.

How does that work though ? A manager wants to sign a player and bed him into his squad to him matches but the chief exec or owner says "we can't buy him yet because sky have been on the blower and want us to wait til deadline day , for Jim white's viewing figures " , that seems insane to be honest mate .
Not talking about deals that were goin through a month ago. Talkin about ones goin through last week or so. Find it strange a deal can take weeks to through during the window but on the last day a bid according to sky is made at 10 pm and he's signed with medical and all by 11

Dont talk daft.
What bit's daft Dave? You say you wanted Siggurdsson for ages but balk at the price they quote. Suggest we leave them to sweat until final day. Then what happens if they tell us to get stuffed? You come on here moaning about He Who Shall Not Be Named (by you) saying how crap a manager he is for letting his top target get away and we have no players in because we've refused to "overpay". You pay the money the selling club is after or you go look elsewhere. But if it's your number one target then you do whatever to get him in. You say Pickford is 10m overpriced. I say we go a steal. The kid is gonna be ace for the next 10/15 years and if he does move on, we'll easily make a profit (providing an arm doesn't fall off or summat). Just try one day without all the bloody whining. Koeman is trying to build something here and so far he's doing ok. Give it a chance ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.