Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's whether we buy one or not though ijjy. Moyes once said we would get business done early and we loaned two jarg players on deadline day as a result.

As much as the team has improved with the money, we have spent next to nothing on strikers to come in, more so when Rooney isn't classed as a striker anymore

Contrary to popular opinion, you simply can't just go out and buy who you like, when you like.

Unless you're Man City maybe...

When we look back now the business we have done very early in the window was excellent. And the prices we paid are also bearing up very well. But at this stage of the window absolutely nothing will happen. We're now into the final phase chess game - deadline day mania.

So we just have to sit and be patient lids, and hope Ronnie and Bill have got this...

I think it will be somewhat of a lottery now, and that is not the clubs fault.

Based on who might be available, and that will be limited enough, it's a game of who blinks first at this stage.

Your "2nd choice" target might be available but you hestitate to move waiting out for your "1st choice" and so on, and you risk missing out on both.

In that scenario, and on deadline day, with merely hours to play with, it's very easy to see how things are still be tied up even after the deadline.

Easier still to see how we settled for Enner Valencia last year because there was literally nobody else available by then.

I hope that the ceiling is a good bit higher for any last-minute deals this year. We all want the best and some name plucked to excite us all.

We won't spend big on a striker IMO, and it won't be of the Valencia "quality" either.

That leaves us very much in the middle-ground where at least there should be more options available, depending on what you're looking for.

90% sure we'll get someone in, even if it means they have to move down that list on deadline day.

Why isn't Rooney classed as a 'striker'?

He's scored both of our league goals so far...

We're targeting a striker. We all know who the first choice is. The fact we don't seem to be panicking over it indicates to me that player may well still be an option.

And, you're ignoring that we've spent money on players who should provide at least 10 goals and more assists each in Rooney and Sigurdsson, throw in Klaassen, Sandro, DCL etc.

We definitely need another striker, but I don't think it's any surprise it's going down to the wire.

I really hope that we have not put all our ouefs in the Giroud panier.

I can't see him and Madame Giroud shunning the bright lights of the metropolis for game time at Goodison.

So we are getting desperate for a big, strong target man? Come on home Victor!
6ee833dbe2b16eb6710192f79bee21d2--funny-pictures-images-very-funny.jpg

I don't think that we will see any sort of movement until after we know for sure that we have qualified for the group stage of the European cup.

Because then we know for sure we deafly have the extra games. I also think this will determine what sort of striker and defender go after with the extra games we need somebody of quality and experience

This is why I also think JonJoe Kenny has also been left in a kind of limbo he's not making the first team squad and he's not been sent out on loan. Until everything is decided tonight if we go through he will stay.if we don't I think he'll go out on loan

It's whether we buy one or not though ijjy. Moyes once said we would get business done early and we loaned two jarg players on deadline day as a result.

As much as the team has improved with the money, we have spent next to nothing on strikers to come in, more so when Rooney isn't classed as a striker anymore

Who out there that is good enough would you get though? I dont want a crappy effort like Silimani, or Jiminez just becasue we couldnt get the likes of Giroud or Benteke though.
Even if its a stop gap loan for a year, it would not be ideal but it would be better than panic buying.
i have a feeling Wenger has played us a little, he is known to do that to his rivals! Probably let us know Giroud would become availible but then all of a sudden change his mind, and now we are scrambling round for other options, it weakens us.

We needed to bargain with their clubs. We didn't and played a poor hand. Now we are short of real financial firepower to get a top striker in.

That's where overspending gets you.
I'm still waiting for someone to name a top striker (15+ a season) who would come to us for the possibility of EL whatever they would cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.