2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 games right so one or two of them will get a cap or two.

Keane might possibly, but I can't see Pickford getting a game and I honestly don't think Rooney will even get called up

Southgate wants to phase him out. There won't be much outcry if Everton's Wayne Rooney is left out of the squad. Man United's Wayne Rooney maybe, but not Everton's. Firstly, most Evertonians don't care about England, so you'll get no complaints there, and neutrals are hardly going to be bothered that an Everton player is left out, and neither will the media outside of Merseyside

If Rooney continues to play well he might get on the bench in October, possibly

How much are you paying for your hit of optimism Mikey? I've some dope shizz here if you want.

*probably not strong enough for Everton related applications though.

Keane might possibly, but I can't see Pickford getting a game and I honestly don't think Rooney will even get called up

Southgate wants to phase him out. There won't be much outcry if Everton's Wayne Rooney is left out of the squad. Man United's Wayne Rooney maybe, but not Everton's. Firstly, most Evertonians don't care about England, so you'll get no complaints there, and neutrals are hardly going to be bothered that an Everton player is left out, and neither will the media outside of Merseyside

A game set up for Ross that last night. We needed him and what he offers to see that game off.

No punch from this midfield; no ball carriers apart from Rooney who doesn't have the pace and C-L who doesn't have the ability to slalom.

A crying shame this lad is moving on.

Spot on my mate said that next to me last night.

A game set up for Ross that last night. We needed him and what he offers to see that game off.

No punch from this midfield; no ball carriers apart from Rooney who doesn't have the pace and C-L who doesn't have the ability to slalom.

You're right and it is a shame but he's jibbed us off for no good reason in my eyes.

Not bothered if he doesn't like Koeman, Koeman still played him and would still play him today and give him the opportunity to play for Everton which as an Evertonian should be the be all and end all of it. He's turning down the opportunity to play for Everton and whatever his reasons are for that the choice is his own and nobody has forced him out.

Maybe, but none of them will play

An Everton shirt is the death knell for a players England career sadly

Since when?

Never stopped Baines or Ross himself from getting a call up.

Baines was unlucky to have Ashley Cole ahead of him before nailing down the LB spot after the former's retirement.....Barkley has brought his current international and club travails on his own head with his inconsistent form.

Jags became a fixture in the England back four for a number of years.

A teenage Wayne Rooney went straight into the England team and became a sensation in Euro 2004.

Stones made his England debut whilst still with us.

And at one time Leon Osman and Jack Rodwell were on the field at the same time in a Wembley international.

Think on that one :)

No sir.....playing for Everton is no impediment in a player's England international career.

Except in Hibbo's case......playing for Everton meant he never got a chance at international level :rant:

Tell him not the club
He's the one that won't sign the deal not Koeman

Since when?

Baines was unlucky to have Ashley Cole ahead of him before nailing down the LB spot after the former's retirement.....Barkley has brought his current international and club travails on his own head with his inconsistent form.

A teenage Wayne Rooney went straight into the England team and became a sensation in Euro 2004.

And at one time Leon Osman and Jack Rodwell were on the field at the same time in a Wembley international.

No sir.....playing for Everton is no impediment in a player's England international career.

Except in Hibbo's case......playing for Everton meant he never got a chance at international level :rant:

Jags was never a fixture, he was always on the outskirts behind the likes of Terry and Cahill, Stones never played regularly for England until he joined City, Barkley has never had a consistent run, Osman had one call up and both Baines and Jags were scapegoated for the 2014 World Cup almost solely down to them being Everton players

I simply will not budge on this

Since when?

Hibbert should of gone to Barcelona when he had the chance

Why is anyone arsed if our lads get called up for England? They would all be better served having a few days off then getting back on the training ground with the manager, 'kin England.

..thought Rooney's post-match interview was very good (I know you were at the game, Mikey). Interesting that he said he would talk with Southgate in the next few days and see what's best. That suggests to me that the England Manager and Rooney are in regular contact. I wouldn't be surprised if Rooney's omission from the squads has been as much down to Rooney as Southgate.

I think we all underestimate Rooney's standing in the game and how managers respect him.

Pretty sure Southgate dropped him while he was at Man Utd.

Jags was never a fixture, he was always on the outskirts behind the likes of Terry and Cahill, Stones never played regularly for England until he joined City, Barkley has never had a consistent run, Osman had one call up and both Baines and Jags were scapegoated for the 2014 World Cup almost solely down to them being Everton players

I simply will not budge on this

Well, I cannot legislate for your obstinacy Mike, but the facts fly in the face of it I am afraid :p

I am actually sitting here trying to think of one English player EFC has had since the turn of the century whom was denied a worthy England cap.

Apart from Hibbo :)

Status
Not open for further replies.