2017/18 Davy Klaassen

Status
Not open for further replies.
BIG game for our man Davy tonight.

After a very uncertain start to the season he was excellent in the first half against Split in the Europa League - though doubts do remain over the quality of opposition.

He'll barely have a harder match than this evening, so it's time for him to step up and show he is up to it at this level. As one of his biggest supporters (see thread sponsorship) I truly believe he can do it.
You think he will be starting this game? I'm not sure he's the best fit because we will probably be on the counter all night. That said Koeman is trying to build some chemistry between he and Rooney so we shall see.

BIG game for our man Davy tonight.

After a very uncertain start to the season he was excellent in the first half against Split in the Europa League - though doubts do remain over the quality of opposition.

He'll barely have a harder match than this evening, so it's time for him to step up and show he is up to it at this level. As one of his biggest supporters (see thread sponsorship) I truly believe he can do it.
Should he see a much of the ball this evening you could argue that he'd a have a bit more space and a few bigger holes to exploit, could play into his favour.

You think he will be starting this game? I'm not sure he's the best fit because we will probably be on the counter all night. That said Koeman is trying to build some chemistry between he and Rooney so we shall see.

I think he is one of the first names on Ronald Trump's teamsheet (apart from Pickford as he is the goalkeeper etc etc etc)

The jury is out for me. He's got some obvious qualities, but I'm afraid with his price tag he'll be seen as a nailed on starter and I think he has to earn that. Koeman has some challenges of his own making. He's brought in a bunch of players who basically like to occupy the same space.

There are very clearly situations where Davies is the better option.

Agree there are situations where Davies might be a better option, but cant see away at City being one of them.

Ignore them price tags mate, they no longer mean anything

I think he is one of the first names on Ronald Trump's teamsheet (apart from Pickford as he is the goalkeeper etc etc etc)
I think Klassen is the key to breaking down the buses. Maybe his quick passing will work in his favor tonight, but Davies or even Lookman might be the better option. We shall see

As much as I love Lookman, this isn't the place to start him. If we're trailing late, sure bring him on, but not from the off. I just think Davies needs to be involved here somewhere. We need his energy and legs, and I'm scared to death we're going to just play sideways balls to each other when in possession without him.

would like to see him doing what he did on Thursday. Putting pressure on CB's forcing them to make mistakes. He needs to be on Stones every time he dithers on the ball

The way Lookman gives away balls to way worse teams than city, Id not recomend that.

Agree, as good as he is and will become, we have been lucky to not have been punished from him giving away the ball up to now. Until he eradicates that part of his game I can't see him starting many big games.

Status
Not open for further replies.