2017/18 Jonjoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
...apparently he didn't have the best of games for the U23 on Friday night, Koeman might just have seen one or two things that makes him think it would be a risk to select him. It's all conjecture but it seems like Kenny isn't near to being next cab on the rank.

Problem for me us I honestly think he's gonna stagnate at the under 23 level so will look like now mate, he really should be given a chance when you look at who we are playing in that spot, a young cb, a absolute journeyman or a striker, or even a young centre mid....

If the manager thinks he is not ready he will be send out on loan. I think there are too much pressure on him right now. People expect him to be in the starting 11, even himself, coz what he achieved last season and sometimes it is not a good thing. lol

Problem for me us I honestly think he's gonna stagnate at the under 23 level so will look like now mate, he really should be given a chance when you look at who we are playing in that spot, a young cb, a absolute journeyman or a striker, or even a young centre mid....
Like any youngster he's going to have weaknesses but the ONLY way you improve is by learning and developing by playing against better players. Koeman's stance on this, like his stance on Davies for half of last season is very poor.

Like any youngster he's going to have weaknesses but the ONLY way you improve is by learning and developing by playing against better players. Koeman's stance on this, like his stance on Davies for half of last season is very poor.
Surely Kenny's 'weaknesses' can't be any worse than martina's weaknesses. Baffling decision to bring in martina, when we have Holgate or Kenny to cover Coleman.

Walker-Peters can play either side whereas I think Kenny can only play RB?

It was a really good debut by the lad today, he played really well. I'm surprised Kenny isn't closer to your first team though, looked good in the WC.

We all are to be honest mate, it puts abit of a mockery to the perception Koeman gives the kids a go.

He only started to play Davies last year when it was glaringly obvious he was a better option than Cleverley, and now he is getting either shoe horned in at wing back or on the bench instead of Klaassen (who i dont mind but feel sometimes players need to force there way into the teeam, Klaassen hasent done that, Davies has and now has to do it all over again)

Kenny ahead of Walker-Peters (who looked brilliant today) in the England set up

Yet Koeman fancies martina, Davies and even DCL ahead of him at right back

Wow

DCL did not play at RB just to confirm. Wing back at a push but not right back.

Status
Not open for further replies.