2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I may add, he looks very technically good and has a sublime touch.

You probably will not notice that though as you watch everything through red mist apparently. :)

Geri was technically very good and look what happened to him

Klassen is out of form. Needs dropping like Barkley was and a player in form should replace him. You don't play out of form players

Alan Myers responded to a tweet about the players trying to persuade him to stay saying it was a true story

It went Something like if Rooney, Jags, Baines, Davies etc had no effect,don't think Al will either.big dunc can't even frighten him into signing lol

True that, Rodwell,Pienaar, or Moyes might though. bwahaha!

Klassen is out of form. Needs dropping like Barkley was and a player in form should replace him. You don't play out of form players

What happened to Geri was he was very tired and wasnt getting enough sleep, as for Klassen being out of form, he hasnt even played in the Premier League yet, so right now he has no form to be out of

Yet it's strange how he improved last year under Koeman. Yes, he had the odd stinker and would get dropped but if you compare his performances to the year before, he undoubtedly improved last year.

For me, he is an example of young English footballers. Too much money and hype too soon and as a result has unreasonable expectations. Being the stand out product of our academy for the last 10 years, he has been bigged up massively. He's probably been told how class he is since he's been at the academy. Now I must add, in fairness to Ross, I don't think he exclusively fits into the category of overhyped/ pampered English players, I think it is widespread.

However, Koeman has come in, not treated him like the darling, demanded consistency and Ross has can't take it. The ironic thing is that under Koeman's tutelage, he has actually improved last season. But Ross is used to having is ego massaged, so he wants out.

Absolutely, he did have good periods last season and Ron has tried to undo the the Martinez effect of players thinking they can just turn up and then have the boss defend them to the death regardless!

Barkley is a young lad with not much between his ears other than football :) It's been evidenced he is a confidence player and I don't think he was ever above 80% confidence-wise (yes I am making up that metric :) ) last season. He is hard on himself and greatly affected by the moans from the crowd when he loses the ball or messes up a pass - even if the rest of the game he plays well.

Think a coach who has played his role could really tutor him in that area, understanding the price of creativity is that it's not an exact science - focus on the good stuff he does when assessing himself, but work hard on eliminating the mistakes. Think Ronko was too much focus on the mistakes and Bobby too much focus on the flashes of genius.

Having read a bit of Pochettino's methods (all positive energy bollox :)) he might also be one to bring the best out of him.

Seems like a master stroke by big Ronk now nipping any messing about in the bud and not letting a circus develop around Ross like is happening at Spuds and RS.

Oh dear, klassen only just arrived, and we jettison him, WOW.

Don't know why people think that's he's nailed on for Spurs, they have yet to sort out a contract extension for one of the world's best centre halves in Alderweireld, probably because they don't want to pay him more. If it is money reasons why Ross is asking to leave then it's seriously doubtful that he'd go there.

I can see one of the Manchester clubs, for whom money is issue, buying him and throwing him straight on the bench. After that there are the West Hams if the world; could Barkley's pride (if he has any) swallow such a move...

Failing that I suggest he acquaint himself with some of our youngsters, he may be spending a lot of time with them next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.