2017/18 Kieran Dowell

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a pathetic decision not to retain him and cuts our nose off to spite our face.

Well I'm willing to give the manager and Walsh a chance to get a player in who offers what he does. But Dowell reminds me a bit of the Ross Barkley in Martinez's first season. Didn't know what to expect, in a very good way. He creates something out of nothing. The player that could get the entire offence to click.

I would love Sigurdsson in the team, but I think he offers something different. Dowell for me had to be in the team. Similar to Lookman in the sense that he brings flair and attacking prowess not many others in our team can offer.

Who said they were the same, you dismissed Coleman because he's apparently not a "touch" player, well beckham is and a loan did not affect his development one bit.

The loan will do Dowell the world of good, end of story
In what way are Beckham and Dowell the same so that it should be a given that if the former dropped into the C'ship the latter would do well to also?

The beckham comaparison doesn't count cos it wasn't called the championship then so it was completely different yano

Dowell's gonna have a neck like a rugby player as he's gonna be watching the ball sailing over his head all season

Well I'm willing to give the manager and Walsh a chance to get a player in who offers what he does. But Dowell reminds me a bit of the Ross Barkley in Martinez's first season. Didn't know what to expect, in a very good way. He creates something out of nothing. The player that could get the entire offence to click.

I would love Sigurdsson in the team, but I think he offers something different. Dowell for me had to be in the team. Similar to Lookman in the sense that he brings flair and attacking prowess not many others in our team can offer.
More especially the woeful plodders we seem to be lumbered with this pre-season.

You think Beckham was a touch player?

Apply some more of those Lol emoticons to your own post.
lollollol
I didn't say anything about Beckham!

I just think it's ridiculous that you think a young player with very little experience of playing football beyond under 23 level will learn nothing from a season in the championship.

lollollol
I didn't say anything about Beckham!

I just think it's ridiculous that you think a young player with very little experience of playing football beyond under 23 level will learn nothing from a season in the championship.
Oh, sorry. You were defending the quality of the Chumpionship?

My apologies.

You'll never win nothing with kids.
@davek
This is one of those threads were I do agree with you.
Every so often a diamond comes along, this kid is pure.
Imagine what a bit of faith from the manager would have done for him.
Instead he's been told he's not quite good enough. Confidence destroyed.

I think @davek has got a point here tbf. Dowell isn't going to learn anything playing against players who are nowhere near his level of talent. In fact, very few players in the Prem are as naturally gifted as Dowell.

Dowell would add exactly what Sigurdsson adds, not counting the experience. In fact, probably more. He can take set pieces because of his technical ability, but in my opinion he has probably a better X-factor player than Iceland. Obviously he would have to be eased into the team, but Dowell should have been in the first team squad.

Welcome aboard Team @johnnydawg68 @davek and @jceverton among others mate.

It's why I so against go after Siggy. I knew that would mean curtains for Dowell, and now we have neither player (yet). Not well thought through on Koeman's part.

You'll never win nothing with kids.
@davek
This is one of those threads were I do agree with you.
Every so often a diamond comes along, this kid is pure.
Imagine what a bit of faith from the manager would have done for him.
Instead he's been told he's not quite good enough. Confidence destroyed.

Nice to have you on our team as well @Seathestars lol

Welcome aboard Team @johnnydawg68 @davek and @jceverton among others mate.

It's why I so against go after Siggy. I knew that would mean curtains for Dowell, and now we have neither player (yet). Not well thought through on Koeman's part.
I agree mate. Admittedly I'm a romantic but we have some great kids, get inside their heads and let them loose.
Koeman Ffs, a 2 time champions league winner, imagine what a few positive words from him would do. He could actually be the next SAF but he hasn't a clue about man management.

Edited, by the way I like Koeman.

I have no doubt he is a talented player but he needs a loan. He has no consistency which has already been shown at Forest where he was great one game and poor the next. If we want to get a solid finish this season we need that consistency. In my opinion other than those two goals, one of which should have been saved easily, he hasn't been amazing this pre season.

@Seathestars that post about his confidence being destroyed is utter nonsense. He wants a loan as has already bean proven by an interview he did and being sent away should motivate him to come back stronger and will teach him to be mentally strong as well.

Yeah. The Championship is tosh. Terrible place to learn your trade. Never mind League one..

nintchdbpict000291227335.jpg

I agree mate. Admittedly I'm a romantic but we have some great kids, get inside their heads and let them loose.
Koeman Ffs, a 2 time champions league winner, imagine what a few positive words from him would do. He could actually be the next SAF but he hasn't a clue about man management.

Edited, by the way I like Koeman.

That's a silly comment.

Paul Pogba ??

Koeman doesn't like lazy players or players who too easily cry and moan. Barkley is one of those. Doesnt mean he can't man manage.

Status
Not open for further replies.