2017/18 Kieran Dowell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Equally the standard of the opposition will allow him to express himself more by giving that wee bit of extra space and time. Dowell is not about 40 yard passes which come to nothing because nobody spots the space and runs into it, he's more about subtle flicks and passes which open up a defence within 10-20 yards ahead . He'll adapt well to how other players move and even their lack of speed at times. I think we'll see his full range of abilities at Forest from the very good bits to the bits that make you frown . He'll need to do some adapting but I'm very confident he'll be a success at Forest and he'll return a better player.
He'll just have to then, at the end of his loan spell (and assuming Koeman actually wants him in the first team...a big assumption as far as I'm concerned), have to re-adapt to the pace of the PL and the better quality of defender he'll inevitably face.

No matter how you cut it he's losing a season.

I can see the sense in loaning out young players who's game is less about touch and weight of pass, but not for a player of this nature.

Equally the standard of the opposition will allow him to express himself more by giving that wee bit of extra space and time. Dowell is not about 40 yard passes which come to nothing because nobody spots the space and runs into it, he's more about subtle flicks and passes which open up a defence within 10-20 yards ahead . He'll adapt well to how other players move and even their lack of speed at times. I think we'll see his full range of abilities at Forest from the very good bits to the bits that make you frown . He'll need to do some adapting but I'm very confident he'll be a success at Forest and he'll return a better player.

Warburton is a good manager too who likes to play actual football. I'm not convinced he doesn't have a spot in our first team squad but it will probably be good for his development.

So in January he said he wanted to go on loan, and last week he said he was delighted to go out on loan, but we should all believe that he's absolutely seething because a faceless poster on the internet said so? Seems fair.

I could be totally wrong. Wouldn't be the first time. But it should be obvious his first choice would have been to feature in the Everton first team, even if part of the time. Once that became a non-starter, I'm sure going out on loan was the best option.

For me personally, I think he'll do very well.

Yes, but reading it the critique seems to be all around his consistency, when:

A/ no other Everton first team player is expected (or at least delivers) a great level of performance each game
B/ only a handful of players in the PL in his position are ever going to do it week in week out
C/ you dont consistently deliver good performances in the PL by playing in the Championship

The whole premise of judging Dowell on delivering 9/10 performances is flawed.

My advice is get him back and play him in a division where a talent like his belongs; be patient and expect good games followed by anonymous games; use as many players with top class movement around him as you possibly can to see him shine.

...you can't use the Premier League as trial games, folk will soon start complaining when points are dropped. Does that mean playing all the fringe players on that basis or is Dowell an exception? You suggest he should be left to play despite the inconsistency but how long is that for, 5 games, 10 games, a whole season? This is a lad who hasn't played open age football. I'm a big fan but I think your suggestion is a little crazy.

...you can't use the Premier League as trial games, folk will soon start complaining when points are dropped. Does that mean playing all the fringe players on that basis or is Dowell an exception? You suggest he should be left to play despite the inconsistency but how long is that for, 5 games, 10 games, a whole season? This is a lad who hasn't played open age football. I'm a big fan but I think your suggestion is a little crazy.
Davies came in without Championship experience to 'hone' his game.

When did loaning a player to the Championship as a passage of rights for our first team become the established and unarguable route at this club?

It's just a flag of convenience to shore up some support for a numb nuts decision to send Dowell to help out Notts Forest when he should be right here with us helping Everton out.

He'll just have to then, at the end of his loan spell (and assuming Koeman actually wants him in the first team...a big assumption as far as I'm concerned), have to re-adapt to the pace of the PL and the better quality of defender he'll inevitably face.

I can see the sense in loaning out young players who's game is less about touch and weight of pass, but not for a player of this nature.
Naw, he's not loosing a season, at worst he's cementing his credentials for a future elsewhere if we don't want him, at best he returns to us "PL ready". I had misgivings when announced but it's a done deal now , so time to be positive about the lad and the move. Given your views on Koeman, I would have thought you'd have accepted it too , because if your views are accurate Koeman was never going to play Dowell this season . Now another season at U23s level would be a wasted season. You can't have it both ways , if Koeman is as bad as you believe then Dowell is better off away from him for a season rather than rotting on the subs bench or U23s.

Naw, he's not loosing a season, at worst he's cementing his credentials for a future elsewhere if we don't want him, at best he returns to us "PL ready". I had misgivings when announced but it's a done deal now , so time to be positive about the lad and the move. Given your views on Koeman, I would have thought you'd have accepted it too , because if your views are accurate Koeman was never going to play Dowell this season . Now another season at U23s level would be a wasted season. You can't have it both ways , if Koeman is as bad as you believe then Dowell is better off away from him for a season rather than rotting on the subs bench or U23s.
The fact that Koeman has done exactly as I expected him to do with Dowell doesn't mean it cant be criticised now it's happened.

When did loaning a player to the Championship as a passage of rights for our first team become the established and unarguable route at this club?

It's just a flag of convenience to shore up some support for a numb nuts decision to send Dowell to help out Notts Forest when he should be right here with us helping Everton out.

....simple, Davies was judged to be capable of making the step up. There are still plenty of imponderables with Dowell.

The fact that Koeman has done exactly as I expected him to do with Dowell doesn't mean it cant be criticised now it's happened.
Everton are hoping this season to be competing for a top six or better position... it may not happen but that is the target.

At that level, nobody in their right mind is going to put a nineteen year old who still has lot of improving and learning to do as a regular starter in the team.

The fans would give the youngster hell as soon as the results went against us and the manager would fare no better.

Yes, RM would probably put him in the team, but we would not finish top half of the table.

It's a fact. 99% of the Premierships top home grown players went on loan to The Championship or played there. If it's ok for Kane, Alli etc, why not Dowell?

Any excuse to have a pop at Ronald. There is always a clamour from fans to get young players in the team too soon. The reality is most players don't make the step up. Koeman sees Dowell day in day out, Koeman is an all time great player who knows what it takes to get to the top, if he thinks a loan is the best thing for Dowell then it' right. You have nev played or managed at any decent level and have no clue what you are talking about. Osman and Coleman benefitted massively from loan spells and lots of great young players spend time in the lower leagues

Any excuse to have a pop at Ronald. There is always a clamour from fans to get young players in the team too soon. The reality is most players don't make the step up. Koeman sees Dowell day in day out, Koeman is an all time great player who knows what it takes to get to the top, if he thinks a loan is the best thing for Dowell then it' right. You have nev played or managed at any decent level and have no clue what you are talking about. Osman and Coleman benefitted massively from loan spells and lots of great young players spend time in the lower leagues
I dont care what he thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.