Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, i am telling you that wading in with a large pile of cash sometimes isn't enough because we aren't playing a computer game. Congratulations on discerning the message.

Well it was for PSG with Neymar
Utd with Lukaku
Us with Siggurdsson (if we offer the £50 million)

We've lost 2 of our best players and whilst the business done so far has been good we need another 2-3 very good players coming in and we need to be ruthless and get the targets in.

The fans say we are rich
Moshiri says it's monopoly money

Then start showing it.

Think I said this the other day but surely the days of target men are long gone. I can't think of any decent team that plays that way.

Man United & PSG with Zlatan.
Arsenal with Giroud.

Target man is a slight misleading label but I just mean a bigger striker than can hold a ball up and challenge aerially. Don't have to be a Big Dunc type of player.

Well it was for PSG with Neymar
Utd with Lukaku
Us with Siggurdsson (if we offer the £50 million)

We've lost 2 of our best players and whilst the business done so far has been good we need another 2-3 very good players coming in and we need to be ruthless and get the targets in.

The fans say we are rich
Moshiri says it's monopoly money

Then start showing it.

Looks like the problem here is that you believe we have the same financial clout as PSG and Man U. Or if not on that scale, the same backing that allows us to wander around waving fistfuls of cash at people.

Your the one banging on about 2 top players soft lad. I clearly said I would rather sign 2 players with the £50 million who could inject some pace into the side than a player who hasn't got any pace.

Palace sold Bolasie for £28 million and he was there best player. If we throw £40 million at Palace he acts up and does a Siggurdsson/VVD and we got our player. Bathsuyai is another player we should look at as he may want first team football with the WC on the horizon.

But of course let's continue to wait for Giroud to string us along before committing his future to the gunners leaving us scrambling around like last summer.
Bolasie was 23 mil mate.

Man United & PSG with Zlatan.
Arsenal with Giroud.

Target man is a slight misleading label but I just mean a bigger striker than can hold a ball up and challenge aerially. Don't have to be a Big Dunc type of player.

Would you have classified Rom as a target man?

I just think we need someone up front who frightens defences and can score goals. At the moment we have zero threat.

We also need a ball carrying player who can beat a man. I don't think anyone in our team can actually go past a player.

Looks like the problem here is that you believe we have the same financial clout as PSG and Man U. Or if not on that scale, the same backing that allows us to wander around waving fistfuls of cash at people.

Putting words in my mouth there, I'm not the one bragging how rich we are that's the sizable portion of the fanbase and even Farhad himself.

You don't need PSG money to sign a top striker when you have a zero net spend and have just sold a player for £75 million ffs.

Would you have classified Rom as a target man?

I just think we need someone up front who frightens defences and can score goals. At the moment we have zero threat.

We also need a ball carrying player who can beat a man. I don't think anyone in our team can actually go past a player.

Rom? Not even close. He was a freak. Looked like one but was crap at it and played the completely opposite to one.

With the squad as it is, lacking pace and a bit of invention, a beanpole up front is our best route to success IMO.

Rom? Not even close. He was a freak. Looked like one but was crap at it and played the completely opposite to one.

With the squad as it is, lacking pace and a bit of invention, a beanpole up front is our best route to success IMO.

Didn't know Pulis had a login :)

Disagree but whatever we get lets hope it works.

I've seen him play twice in my life, both against United last season and he looked ok.

But do we really need another player like him?

@Armel will be the man here.

He's great (in his role; vision, never tires, gets the ball back quickly, strong, tall, team player, almost never injured ... ), but will be quite expensive. Would be quite a stunt though. Not only is PSG (with who he already held confirmed talks) interested, now there's also Juve. Oh and Atlético really want him in January etc; and United off course. Even though he can play CB and 6 or 8; it would probably be wiser to invest in other positions where the need is more dire. He has been a long time Everton target though.

He was born in Passendale btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.