Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen, i know united are in a different league to us with regards to spending power and player attraction, but lets not forget they were the team that finished one place above us last season. The difference in quality is incredible - we really need another one (maybe two) forward thinking players in the team if we are really going to be competitive, i think tonight's game merely emphasised that.

Our current attacking options:
Sandro
Rooney
Sigurdsson
Mirallas
Lookman
Calvert-Lewin
Lennon
Bolasie

United's attacking options:
Lukaku
Mata
Martial
Rashford
Mhkitaryan
Lingard
Pogba

I'm not the one banging on about pace. I want Siguurdson. What I think we need is pace of our passing to improve not whippets sprinting about. Balance of our midfield isn't quite right. That's the issue. Not pace imo.

We massively need some pace in the side and a target man to hold the ball and bring others into play. Siggurdsson would have been a decent signing had Klaassan not come in but both in the same midfield with a likely slow target man like Giroud/Benteke makes little sense. Even Sandro doesn't look all that quick we have zero threat on the counter.

Listen, i know united are in a different league to us with regards to spending power and player attraction, but lets not forget they were the team that finished one place above us last season. The difference in quality is incredible - we really need another one (maybe two) forward thinking players in the team if we are really going to be competitive, i think tonight's game merely emphasised that.

Our current attacking options:
Sandro
Rooney
Sigurdsson
Mirallas
Lookman
Calvert-Lewin
Lennon
Bolasie

United's attacking options:
Lukaku
Mata
Martial
Rashford
Mhkitaryan
Lingard
Pogba

Why are you comparing us then if you know they operate on another level financially?

We massively need some pace in the side and a target man to hold the ball and bring others into play. Siggurdsson would have been a decent signing had Klaassan not come in but both in the same midfield with a likely slow target man like Giroud/Benteke makes little sense. Even Sandro doesn't look all that quick we have zero threat on the counter.

We need a striker clearly but things aren't that bad. Our issues are very fixable. 10 days till the season starts, we went through, things will improve.

So your telling me the manager is simply incapable of looking at other strikers? So your telling me clubs like Palace wouldn't be tempted to sell a player for a big fee/Said player wouldn't be interested to move or in Bathsuyai's case get first team football for the WC year?

Okay lad let's just pretend Olivier Giroud is the only striker in world football who we can go for. I can already see the script, he'll stay at arsenal and we'll be fumbling around on deadline day and go for a Valencia/Sissoko like last season.

Yes, i am telling you that wading in with a large pile of cash sometimes isn't enough because we aren't playing a computer game. Congratulations on discerning the message.

But let's be realistic. That United squad shouldn't be finishing 6th should it? We'll never be able to replicate that quality; we haven't got the money or the pull.

Perhaps take my comment with a pinch of salt then, because i do agree with your comments. But what i'm saying is that if this is the standard of strike force our nearest rivals (technically speaking, going from last season) have; it is pretty evident where we need to strengthen

Perhaps take my comment with a pinch of salt then, because i do agree with your comments. But what i'm saying is that if this is the standard of strike force our nearest rivals (technically speaking, going from last season) have; it is pretty evident where we need to strengthen

Agree definitely need to strengthen. I think one target man would do it though for now. Target man, Sandro, Rooney, Gylfi, Klaassen etc. isn't a bad lot to choose from.

Agree definitely need to strengthen. I think one target man would do it though for now. Target man, Sandro, Rooney, Gylfi, Klaassen etc. isn't a bad lot to choose from.

Think I said this the other day but surely the days of target men are long gone. I can't think of any decent team that plays that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.